Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Hanuman - flying Pattaya - Siem Reap

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Air Hanuman - flying Pattaya - Siem Reap

some facts got mixed up hre.
    1.BKk air OWNED SR-air, planes were interchanged. SR-air was never blacklisted, but after some years the Khmer wanted to start up-again- their ''own'' airline and had to get competition ruthlessly move away. Which is as things usually go in Khmerland.
    2.Bkk-air does NOT own SR airpt. But they hav handsomely paid off the Khmer in charge-rumour has it even a few dozen US$ per pAX! and thus got that monopoly and this explaines the high fares.
    3. ''all those'' Qs about getting to SR-these have also been answered the same nr of times in about any conceivable travel-forum and thye are just for th looking at travelfish.org. in short: do not bother with train, unless you are a diehard of the iron rooster.
    3b. since 1/7 direct THROUGH buses are now allowd to cross border TH-KH, and several buslines have started to run such from BKK to PnPN-not via SR.
    and my opinion:
    4.any previous attempt to open direct air from PTY-that dreadful mafia controlled UTP, have ended after a few weeks due to hardly any pax. As has been the fate of about all of Khmerlands 5+ new-start-up airlines in the last 15 years.

Liked: 1

There seems to be a growing demand - or?
    At least I would like to see some competition and hopefully lower prices. :happy7:

From Phnom Pehn Post Friday 21. 2012:
    NEW FLIGHTS TO BANGKOK
    Cambodia Angkor Air will start flights to Bangkok this November from Siem Reap. The service will operate four times weekly, and flights may increase to daily if thereтАЩs good response.
    The only airline flying the Bangkok-Siem route is Bangkok Airways.
    A service between Phnom Penh and Bangkok is being considered.
    Next year, the airline plans to start services between Siem Reap and Hanoi, and Phnom Penh and Hanoi. Also scheduled sometime in the not-to-distant future are flights to cities in China and Japan from Siem Reap.
    тАЬThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.тАЭ
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Liked: 1

I have been doing some research on the flights with Hanuman Air while being in Siem Reap right now and seeing their big posters at my hotel.
    As the web site still is "under construction" I made a phone call.

The price for a one way ticket is 188$ + Tax 25$ 213 USD :angryfire: :angryfire:

To get a ticket for the price of 99$ you will have to make your reservation 45 days in advance.
    I like to ad: I would not be surprised if these "promotion" tickets will be sold out very quick. rotest:

What seemed to be a nice possibility is a none existing possibility for me.:crazy:
    тАЬThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.тАЭ
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Liked

Sadly Air Hanuman seemed to have gone off the air!
    Website gone, office no reply and nothing can be found online about their maiden flight earlier this month!
    Looks like it's back on the bus, truck or taxi to Siem Reap and back from Pattaya :angry5:

Liked

HI
    was looking foward to going to seim reap by air, but if its not possible whats the best way to get there, from Pattaya???
    Ive seen the train from Bkk then over the border and onto bus, but is there a mini-bus or car from pattaya that i could get to
    take me to Seam Reap
    thanks

Below is a message I've just received from Air Hanuman via their Facebook page so it appears they are still in operation .......as to whether I'm going to risk booking and paying up front for anything in the short term until their "technical difficulties" are sorted out might be a whole other story - but here's the details for anyone who choses to do that if it helps......

From Air Hanuman

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused by the absence of our website. We are experiencing a few technical difficulties, which we hope will be resolved within a week or so.

Air Hanuman is still in operation. Please contact our head office in Cambodia for any inquiries or bookings. We are available from 9AM-11AM and 1PM-5PM everyday, except Sundays.

Tel: +855 (63) 966 883

Liked

I wouldn't fly with a company which can't maintain a website, let alone a plane. :dontknow:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    I wouldn't fly with a company which can't maintain a website, let alone a plane. :dontknow:
    A very good point.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

In light of all this, and the fact that "D" has already been to Siem Riep.... and none of us have ever been to Chiang Mai, we're thinking of going to Chiang Mai for one week, instead of Siem Riep. I believe we can fly there cheaply and conveniently on NokAir.

Is that a good choice?
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Chang Mai is certainly worth visiting, but I found 3/4 days enough - really depends on how you like to spend your time.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Hi,

this airline has never operated at all.
    I guess it is a big scam just to get some money out of people who are ready to book their flights.
    I checked in the past 2 weeks at http://www.cambodia-airports.com/index.php?airport=REP however none of their flights are listed there both for departure and also for arrival. If they dont operate from this airport (there is only one in Siem Reap) where are they operating from? From the rice paddies? :evil4: And did you ever hear from anybody who has used this airline?