Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Hanuman - flying Pattaya - Siem Reap

Liked: 1

Air Hanuman - flying Pattaya - Siem Reap

I have been waiting for this connection.

From The Phnom Penh Post, Friday, September 2012:

"An unusual and ambitious тАШairline,тАЩ Air Hanuman, is about to take off in Siem Reap to provide thrice-weekly flights from Siem Reap airport to Pattaya.

Flights to Pattaya are slated to commence on Wednesday, October 10, departing Siem Reap at 2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with a return flight to Siem Reap at 4pm on the same days.

For the Pattaya leg, the flights will land at U-Taphao International Airport, a joint civil-military public airport about a 45 minute drive from Pattaya.

Air Hanuman will operate three aircrafts of type B737-300 with 144 seats and B737-500 with 187 seats, and Tonle Sap Airlines will operate the Air Hanuman flights as charter flights.

Air HanumanтАЩs website says, тАЬAir Hanuman was established with the dream of making flying from Siem Reap to Pattaya possible for everyone. Together with our associate companies, LP Tours Pattaya, Garuda Travel Services, Long Pao Group and Corporate Marketing Intl., Evans Mark- eting, Skal International Cambodia, Air Hanuman is set to take low-cost flying to an all new high with our belief, тАШaffordable Direct flights to/ from Siem Reap & PattayaтАЩ.тАЭ

Of the associated companies listed above, Air Hanuman will operate Garuda Travel Services in Siem Reap and LP Tours in Pattaya.

Corporate Marketing International and Evans Marketing belong to Charles Evans, who is also president of Sk├еl International Cambodia, a global organisation of tourism leaders тАЬpromoting global tourism and friendship.тАЭ

The principals of the company are Chris Ho, chief executive, and Michael Foidl, director of sales.

In an online statement, Charles Evans said his agency Corporate Marketing was engaged under contract by Chris Ho. Evans added, тАЬPersonally, I am a business partner and the Air Hanuman director of publications (In Flight Magazine) and merchandising.тАЭ

Director of sales Michel Foidl told Insider that the company sees тАЬbig potentialтАЭ in bringing the tourist hotspots of Siem Reap and Pattaya together.

He described the main target groups as тАЬexpats who live in Siem Reap or in Pattaya, young people who want to travel like backpackers but have a higher budget, and families who want to see the temples of Angkor and visit the beaches of Pattaya before they return home.тАЭ

Air HanumanтАЩs promotional campaign promises return flights тАЬfrom US$99.тАЭ "

тАЬThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.тАЭ
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Liked

Re: Air Hanuman - flying Pattaya - Siem Reap

WOW

Thats great news, and the price is even better, Im planning my 2013 trip and was looking at the train, BUT now
    bugger that, for 75 Euros im on the plane. Just hope its still running next june 2013. arty

Liked

Will be interesting to see how long they can charge $99. Or how many tickets are available at that price. Travel forums are full of people asking how to get between Bangkok and Siem Reap without paying a fortune to Bangkok Airways. Driving down to UTP could be worthwhile.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    Driving down to UTP could be worthwhile.
    You are most correct. I have never understood why some other airline does not fly between Bangkok and Siem Reap.
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Liked

I'm guessing there is some sort of exclusive contract or something that PG managed to negotiate to keep the competition out. It seems like a no-brainer for TG or Air Asia to fly the route.

Liked

I'm sure you are correct. But it appears that some other airline must be salivating for that route.
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Liked

There used to be 2 airlines serving Siem Reap and Bangkok - Bangkok Air and Siem Reap Air. Siem Reap Air was blacklisted because of safety issues and for a while Bangkok Air operated its planes, but ultimately it closed. Bangkok Air then managed to keep the route as a monopoly. How it managed to persuade the Thai and, in particular, Cambodian, authorities to allow that one can only speculate.

Liked

I maybe wrong , but i was told bangkok air , hold a certain % ownership of siam reap airport,

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871
    I maybe wrong , but i was told bangkok air , hold a certain % ownership of siam reap airport,
    I'm pretty sure that is correct. They also owned or part-owned Siem Reap Airlines (Air/Airways/whatever) and even shared some aircraft.

Just hope that it's not bad weather when trying to land in Siem Reap as the Cambodians seem quite happy to open fire on airplanes flying in from Thailand if they confuse their purpose it seems !!! :-(

http://khmerization.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... ngkok.html