Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxi Fare From Airport to Downtown Bangkok

Taxi Fare From Airport to Downtown Bangkok

Does anyone know the current fare for a taxi from the airport to downtown Bangkok? :dontknow:

Re: Taxi Fare From Airport to Downtown Bangkok

Approx 500 to silom area most times, I've a feeling it might be a bit less than that on the metre but that's usually what I end up paying and everyone's happy - that includes tolls using the overpass by the way.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

AOT charges 1,100 for their limousine service including all tolls, expect meter taxis are about half this rate

Liked

200-350 on meter to Sathorn, then the 50 fee from airport, and the tolls for the fast road. Not more than 500-600 including all fees and eventual tips.

Liked

220 from Airport to Pinnacle Hotel.......plus........70 for highway
    No 50 baht if you get taxi at Arrivals Floor

Liked

About 300 Bht on meter to Intercontinental, plus 50 (airport extra) and 70 (highway).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Depends a bit on the traffic and possible delays. Late evening with little traffic, the cost to Sathorn near Rama IV is Bt. 220 to 240 + 70 tolls + 50 airport surcharge.

I only once used a taxi from outside departures. He wanted Bt. 500 and I agreed because I was tired and there was a queue for the official taxis. I just wanted to get home quickly. As we were leaving the airport, he suddenly turned off left, we got stuck at two sets of lights and then he pulled in to a filling station. It took an age just to get his tank half full. We then went on another round about expedition till we came to a rail crossing. This was closed as a train was approaching. All told, we wasted around 15 minutes before getting back to the expressway.

Liked

Who was it who said "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it"? :occasion9:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Get the metered cab and depending on road conditions(weather/traffic etc.), around 200-300 + 50 + tolls + tip(if merited); can get it for less than 500 baht. Avoid limousines if possible!
    There is a designated area with easy queue system in the airport where u can get the metered cab, which attempts to regulate the taxi's.
    Some people prefer to take their chances and go to the arrivals area and grab a metered cab there when the incoming cads( I mean cabs , haha) are dropping off passengers for outgoing flights. Taxi Fare often then is negotiable but can get the metered rate.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you all. The reason I had asked was because I was trying to decide if it was worth attempting to drive and leave my car at the airport and finish taking a taxi in or attempt to find the hotel with my car and leave it at the hotel. As it turns out, I was on a different road, motorway and missed the airport completely and found myself in downtown Bangkok area! Shangri la was not too hard to find along with my stop at Bumrungrad and was able to complete everything and no need for the taxi at the airport but I thank you. No Joe, it had nothing to do with the cost. Anyway, ;ook out cause today I leave the hotel and make my way to Pattaya!