Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost painful to watch

Liked

Almost painful to watch

The tree destruction along Beach Road is almost the worst thing I have ever seeen a local government do. Looking at some of the pictures on Google Earth and comparing it with how it now looks is a truly depressing experience.

Re: Almost painful to watch

A pic would help.

Anybody?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    A pic would help.

Anybody?
    http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/ve ... ming-15861

Looks horrific ..Nothing to stop the burning sun now... Anyone know if these trees are fast growing ??

Liked

I haven't seen the tree-trimming myself, but I have to ask: Wasn't there an almost identical uproar a few years ago when the trees along the Dongtan Beach walkway (we don't seem to call that the Yellow Brick Road anymore) were similarly trimmed? And didn't some posters have to acknowledge, a few months later, that the trees were growing back just fine and maybe the tree-trimmers really did have some clue what they were doing? And don't they look fine today, the outrage long forgotten? Maybe I'm remembering wrong, or maybe this situation is worse. Is it?

Liked

From the looks of that photo.....those trees will take many years to grow back. That shade gave some relief to the intense heat. Looks like they went way overboard trimming away imho.

Liked

The trees on Dongtan were trimmed but the ones on Beach Road appear to be just trunks now. Why would anyone do that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    Why would anyone do that.
    Wasn't it because there was/is too much crime in that area? With the trees cut down, the police and everyone else can now easily see what's going on, hence less crime.

Liked

Cdnmatt: I do believe that crime was the reason stated. However I can't believe that this was the best solution. Pattaya is supposed to be a tropical resort and tropical resorts have trees.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ofcourse they will grow back, place is tropical, throw a stick on the ground and before you can jump over it, it has sprung roots. What do you expect, bonzai type weekly manicuring? A good trim every 2 years does the job just fine. As for tropical resort...get real....

Liked

Latinpoxxxx: Tropical weather seasons, balmy evenings, beach bars and restaurants, dusky ladies, stunning sunsets, exotic dishes and 70 year old men fetchingly dressed in a thong. What more do you want?