Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to: Civil Partnership in Vietnam

Re: How to: Civil Partnership in Vietnam

Well, without being nosey - can I ask how your BF got into the UK in the first place?

As people will see on another thread, my BFs Visa application has been rejected out of hand - despite all the work we put into it.

It is obviously easier to stay than to enter -so I'm curious about how your BF got in - are you at liberty to explain?

JamesBarnes, it seems in the light of other responses that a CP is Thailand is not possible in my situation.
    It also seems a CP is not possible in Vietnam because he is Vietnamese
    It also seems the Phillipinnes is out - it says you must have "some connection" with the area.

So - I can't get him into UK for a CP and I don't seem to be able to get one elsewhere :dontknow:
    Isn't it great to be British - this must be the "Union Dividend" the quisling politicians talk about. :sign5:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    It also seems the Phillipinnes is out - it says you must have "some connection" with the area.
    I think you misunderstand SG. My reading is that the only requirement with respect to the Philippines is that you need to have been resident there for 7 days. The "connection with area" section of the overview refers to the part of the United Kingdom you want the CP to be registered in - presumably England in your case. :sign5:

Yes, ceejay - on second reading I think you are probably right that "this area" refers to the part of the UK !

However, I have also checked the Visa requirements - and BOTH of us would require Visas as the tourist visa waiver (for either UK or Vietnam citizens) is only for 21 days. So, you must be resident in Phills for 7 days to give notice for CP and you cannot register a CP at the earliest until the 15th day after giving notice = 22 days.

So we are back in the same shit about having to get him a Visa - I'll need to look into how easy or difficult that would be. Unless there's something else I've missed?

Any other suggestions, anybody?

I feel like starting a bloody TOPIC on my Visa difficulties :sign5:

:hello2:

It has been the most frustrating experience in the world. He was on visitor visa and is/was an overstay. He was already in that status when we met. We don't want any benifets, or housing or support. We just want to live together, work, pay taxes etc etc. but UKBA are just very unreasonable. I hope Bangkok will be fresh start, but he could be exiled from returning here, which makes visiting friends and family very tough.

Liked

SG - my apologies, I should have said before how sorry I am that the visa application failed.

You're probably right about needing visas for the Philippines, but there may be a way round it. You have to wait 15 days for the registration, but actually have 3 months maximum in which to do it. There's nothing in the guidance saying you have to stay in the Philippines between the time of the notification and the time of the registration. If the Philippines allow two visa exemptions in quick succession, as Thailand do (and I have no idea one way or the other on that) and if you were prepared to go to the hassle of leaving and returning, you might still be able to do it.