Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siem Reap hotels

Liked

Siem Reap hotels

hi everyone
    im going to thailand in may 2013, looking at the possibility of popping over to Siem Reap for a few days

can anybody recomend and where to stay, ive looked at the web site http://www.cambodiaout.com/cambodia/sie ... esthouses/

but can anybody from, personal expeirence recomend some where

thankyou

paperboy

Liked

Re: Siem Reap hotels

I stayed at Eight Rooms was while ago now though(3 years maybe ?). Was clean and neat guest house nothing fancy but nice. Staff were friendly and helpful.
    Its a short walk to the restaurants main city centre 5 mins maybe(if my memory serves). A few other people have posted about Golden Banana other places (were Kevins deleted? when he left?)
    Have you tried searching this forum for the names of the hotels also try tripadvisor.
    I never took a guy back to my room while I was there, so cant advise on that. The place is gay friendly though and run by a two girls who are a couple from memory.

Liked

I stayed at Golden Banana and it was great value. There are 4 golden bananas in the same soi. The ownership was split into two,but they work in well together.

The advantage was it is just across the river and so close to the action.

If you want quality and male only company the Mens Room is tremendous. It would take a lot to beat either.

Liked

I am happily staying in Golden Banana, dodging the showers that come mid afternoon or early evening daily. Don't seem to bother me . An umbrella or tuk tuk is all I need.

My friend from Long Island sent me an email, I received in the middle of this last storm, asking me about Cambodia attaching a link to a year old New York Times article. Took a pic of me at entrance.

The article is well written and too long to post here. It does not mention the boys dancing at the Station Wine Bar. I have seen these boys on TV and they are really professional.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/tr ... ted=1&_r=0

The Wine Bar ad is out of date but here is the location . Boys dance Wed Fri and Saturday

http://thestationwinebarsiemreap.com/

Liked: 1

All the 400 hotels and guesthouses in Siem Reap are gay-friendly, in the way that you will be welcome and never rejected because you are gay.
    Among these hotels, some promote themselves "more" gay friendly, and when you arrive there you can see that they are also "family friendly", "girl friendly",... and if you are lucky you could meet one or two other gay guys in this mixed crowd.

If you look for a real gay resort, there is only one : MEN's Resort & Spa.

located in Siem Reap Angkor, MEN's is a great "exclusively for men" hotel.

at MEN's you can also meet local guys and other tourists who are joining the Sauna/Spa in the evening.

You should have a look to the website: www.mens-resort.com, it is absolutly the place to go for gay travellers.

Liked

You don't say that you necessarily want a gay hotel. If that is immaterial and you are prepared to splash out, I'd recommend the Raffles Grand Hotel D'Angkor. I stayed there about ten years ago and it was fabulous.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Have any of yous been to this place http://ei8htbar.com/

Liked: 1

I think it opens in October 2012. So you will have to wait.
    :dontknow:
    тАЬThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.тАЭ
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

The way I read it the Lounge on the rooftop opens in October but the rest of it is open now?

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    The way I read it the Lounge on the rooftop opens in October but the rest of it is open now?
    Yes the cocktail bar has opened. Cool place just across from the Ei8ht Rooms guesthouse (road to Artisan's d'Angkor) and just a short 5mins walk from Pub Street.
    Very friendly staff and very affordable drinks.
    Rooftop opens end Oct, i got a preview....it's huge!