Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dress code on the beach

Liked

Re: dress code on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    While I do agree he looks absurd I don't approve of whoever it was sitting there secretly taking photos of people and posting them on a public forum without the persons consent. It's a bit creepy, slimy even.
    He's not doing anyone any harm.
    Normally I would agree with you but you had to see this girl. He wanted to be seen and be controversial. He was prancing up and down the beach, looking at people, seeking attention and had no problem being photographed.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This "person" has been coming to Thailand now for several years. He is by far an attention seeker walking in a very prancy way that is to attract as much attention as possible. You cannot actually tell me that you have not seen him/her/it. Comes about two times a year at least, stays in the Cafe Royale mostly. Walks out and then starts strutting around seeking attention and loving it.
    Actually came to my bar one night with two other friends (sorry would not get caught even walking with it) sat down to watch the show. I went in and saw a bottle of water and that was it. I inquired to the waiter why there were 3 and only 1 bottle of water to which the waiter responded that they did not want anything. I said to the waiter that this was not hte way it works. 3 people in is 3 drinks. He told them this and they got up and left highly insulted! Yes the waiter was charged the 2 extra drinks. Sorry policy is policy and he very well knew it. Seemed like the waiter was either friends with them or trying to get a bigger tip.

Thanks so much for your prompt responses. I am not a thong or G-string type of guy. I'll wear bikini. Is it tolerated to wear an unlined bikini? Maybe a bit transparent when wet? I am also thinking to buy a pair of Aussiebum. Although some are lined, still they can get see thru.
    Thank you guys.

Liked

On a regular, public beach...no an unlined speedo would not be appropriate. Thai people are conservative in dress and public nudity is offensive. "a little see through" would not be the right thing to wear.

There are no nude beaches in Thailand, for the same reason. As indicated above, you may stumble across a topless female or two, but this is more a function of a visitor not respecting local customs than a designated clothing-optional area.

Thai people are mostly non-confrontational, so I doubt you would be publicly admonished, but if you are at all sensitive to offending others, a lined speedo would be much more appropriate.

Liked

@anonone, so true so true, and if anyone tells you something different, they are wrong.

Liked

perhaps we could see a photo of the OP in his speedos - just so we can make an informed comment? :dontknow:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

joe I was thinking the same, not only how old is he, but also how fit is he.
    Something can be cute on a 20ish years old guy, but look terrible on anyone else. :glasses7:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well there you have it. How old are you and how fit are you? Can we see a picture of you in it?

Thanks guys. That helped a lot! I am not fat, kinda skinny and exhibitionist, but no interest in thong/g-string swimsuit.

Personally l think there should be a law requiring fat old farangs on the beach to cover up with those outfits the poor old Saudi women have to wear. I only want to see the cute guys in gstrings, not the elephants.