Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Money Questions

It probably wasn't even a "Buddhist" shrine. It was probably a spirit house, which doesn't really have anything to do with Buddhism whatsoever.

General Agreement

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    It probably wasn't even a "Buddhist" shrine. It was probably a spirit house, which doesn't really have anything to do with Buddhism whatsoever.
    I concur with boygeenyus. If that episode is typical of your "understanding" of Thai Buddhism then your "research" will be wasted

Liked

Re: Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    Sorry....that is MBK off National Stadium BTS (Skytain) stop.

Surfcrest
    Thanks. Now I've placed the 5th Floor location, but didn't know about the 1st Floor one - I find MBK's 1st floor more confusing than the upper ones.

Liked

Re: Unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by HeWentThere
    ....Also, I don't know if that research visa statement was for me or rainwalker, but I have a non-immigrant B visa. I almost got a Non-Immigrant Education one by mistake, but unless I am wrong, I can only get a work permit with a non-immigrant B. Does anyone know if I am mistaken?
    Yes, sorry, it was for you. It is my understanding that Thailand issues different types of Non-Immigrant Visa, each of which specifies what the holder can do in Thailand If you intend to research, then that is what your visa permits you to do - and nothing else - i.e., no teaching, no counselling, no charity work, nothing. I may be wrong and you might want to check discreetly with a Thai consulate or embassy.

There is a list of non-immigrant visa categories at http://www.thaivisa.com/275.0.html, e.g.,

diplomatic visa (D) is for those employed by an embassy,
    a business visa (B)
    or a mass media visa (M) are for accredited business or press representatives,
    a dependent visa (O),
    an expert visa (EX) are for those performing skilled or expert work,
    an investor visa (IM) is for foreigners who set-up their companies under the Board Of Investment BOI
    and a study/education visa (ED) is for teachers.
    Official ( F). Performance of official duties (involving the Thai government).
    Capital Investment ( IM ).
    Investment (with concurrence of the ministries and departments concerned). BOI ( IB ).
    Investment subject to the provision of the laws on investment promotion.
    (ED). Educational study or observation.
    ( R ). Missionary work.
    ( RS). Scientific research or training, or study in an educational institution in the Kingdom.
    ( EX). Performance of skilled or expert work.
    ( S). Participation in an officially recognized sports event.
    Others "O". Others, including dependents and retired persons.

Liked

Re: MBK

Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    Thanks. Now I've placed the 5th Floor location, but didn't know about the 1st Floor one - I find MBK's 1st floor more confusing than the upper ones.
    The far south west corner stall, ground level (Sometimes call the first floor the first floor up above ground level). Same company, more stock....
    Although prces are fixed (and reasonable) they sometime will give me a better deal upstairs if I buy a lot (3000 baht or more).
    The socks are great, undies, T-Shirts and shorts. The green cotton breathes better in the heat if you are prone to over heating or sweating.

Good Luck,

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: MBK

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    The far south west corner stall, ground level (Sometimes call the first floor the first floor up above ground level). Same company, more stock....
    Although prces are fixed (and reasonable) they sometime will give me a better deal upstairs if I buy a lot (3000 baht or more).
    The socks are great, undies, T-Shirts and shorts. The green cotton breathes better in the heat if you are prone to over heating or sweating.

Good Luck,

Surfcrest
    Thanks for the location. Much appreciated.