Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: hanoi

Liked

hanoi

Hi everyone

planning my next trip now

been to pattaya too much, so looking for a change

the air france flight, has a conection to hanoi, so was thinking to go there for 10 days, then back to BKK, and up too chaing mai and chaing ria, licked it there a few years ago, so want to go back.
    the thing is, hanoi, can anybody recomend a good hotel, that i can take boys back, and is close to the gay places.
    and is there plenty too see and do around the city during the day, or will i be shagging all day hahahahah

thanks

paperboy

Liked

Re: hanoi

hi

sorry

just seen its not hanoi
    air france go to ho chi minh city( is that the old siagon)

so same questions really

any tips and advise,hotels ect

thank

Liked

The article is pretty much on the money, might be a few new places since I last there. When i was there last Papas(cafe) had just opened when i was there last utopia-asia use to have fairly upto date information.
    There is a few gay tour guides and companys (purple dragon is one) Hire one for a couple of days and get them to show you around(tourist attractions and the gay scence) it will be worth it.
    Also if you mainly looking for gogo bars etc vietnam is not the place to find them. Try chatting to guys on gaydar and other one thats popular in thailand as well (cant remeber the name). http://www.utopia-asia.com/vietsaig.htm has the addresses but dont know if the listings are upto date.

Liked

is there plenty too see and do around the city during the day, or will i be shagging all day hahahahah
    The answer to both those questions is, sadly, no. Unless, of course, you can grab a boy off the internet.

I stayed at the Caravelle Hotel - very nice indeed. Apparently you can take a guest to your room but he must leave at 9pm. I think he has to register at the front desk. It would be hard to sneak a guy in, as there are hotel staff everywhere.

Guys sitting around on motorcycles will offer to take you to places where you can have sex with guys, but it is at your own risk.

Liked

Try Qatar Airways...good promotion on for Hanoi at 6400 rtn. Just returned...what a great airline.

Liked

I'm in Hanoi right now. I've met several guys on the street here who are gay (not hustlers), but really, this is not the town (or country) for that unless you speak the local lingo. North Vietnam is very family-oriented, and I get the feeling that even the gays here get married...out of family obligation. The "hustlers" here are only hustling to sell you motor-bike rides to tourist sites, or cigarette lighters, or shoe-shines. I've heard that there are places where you can go for action if you really have to..but I wouldn't. The places sound dangerous (in the middle of nowhere, run by the mafia, etc). No thanks! Vietnam I will enjoy for being Vietnam. For pretty-young-thangs, I will wait until I get my flight back to good ol' BKK Swampy.

Dboy

Forum's veteran
    Liked

am now preparing myself for a trip to VN-next month.
    Found before I left at home a book ''the men Of Vnam'' (if remember well, by a Richard Thomspon) written after the format-same editor, as TMOT. BUT it also says what d-boy writes; its the FAMILY. And other as the tipical Thai, they want a long-time loving relation etc and all that.
    HCMC is said to be more openminded as staunch Hanoi-as it always has been. QR operates night-time flights ex BKK to both-on alternate days. or as always there is AirAsia.
    I found travelgayasia now to be quite informative on listings-more as utopia.
    Elsewhere the suggestion is to use Gayromeo and contact a few guys wiling to show you around the ''scene''.
    Places for some get-together are normal private small hotels, who do not mind renting out rooms-at normal prices for the night. But scams with that are indeed said to be rife.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy
    hi

sorry

just seen its not hanoi
    air france go to ho chi minh city( is that the old siagon)

thank
    I flew AF from BKK to Hanoi a couple of years ago. But I guess they switched from Hanoi to SGN.

I agree Qatar Airways is great. Their business class is really fantastic.

There are some interesting day trips out of Hanoi. I understand that the road from Hanoi to Halong Bay has been improved so it makes the drive much shorter than when I went.

I found Vietnam to be interesting, but one giant construction site.