Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Team GB

Re: Team GB

While the rest of you have a civil war ....i started this post to talk and report Team GB ..

Anyway...The womens gymnastics team , one of the girls is from Droylesdon in Manchester which is not far from me
    They have a chance for medals so good luck to them arty

Liked: 1

Dear me Scottish, you really do get yourself easily stressed out don't you mate. I rarely comment on the forum about other posters ramblings. Yours I'm afraid are just a bore when it comes
    to Scotland and its independence. WTF are you talking about when you state MY PM? That just says it all with you. Stop living in the past with regard to North Sea Oil man. Whatever was there
    is nearly gone. It's done. Move on man. I'm happy that Fountainhall has some agreement with your views. He's a guy a have respect for given his informative and interesting posts. :bounce:
    My point is just banging on and on about how unfair it is to Scotland being part of the UK is just plain boring. Just my opinion. I'm entitled to it. :hello2:

Now you have a good day now in sunny Glasgow while I finish my beer here on the beach arty

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris1
    While the rest of you have a civil war ....i started this post to talk and report Team GB ..

Anyway...The womens gymnastics team , one of the girls is from Droylesdon in Manchester which is not far from me
    They have a chance for medals so good luck to them arty
    Fair point BlueChris, I do apologise.

Got to say it's slightly dissapointing though so far with the Team GB medal tally.

Quote Originally Posted by lexusgs
    ..Stop living in the past with regard to North Sea Oil man. Whatever was there is nearly gone.
    Again, ignorance - most available estimates claim that the remaining worth of known oil deposits runs into the trillions of dollars. That little lot shared among a population of just over 5 million instead of just under 60 million, will do us nicely.

...Now you have a good day now in sunny Glasgow while I finish my beer here on the beach arty
    I wish you a good day on the beach, when I'm a raddled old pensioner queen (a glorious condition to which I aspire), I hope to be able to do likewise.

:occasion9:

PS - A Silver in the showjumping or whatever the fuck it is - people on horses anyway.

GB win silver in the Equestrian team event

I think the media pundits..put the jinx on some of our athleetes saying their going to win before they've done it

they do the same with the England football team and then when they've hyped them up ..wonder why, when they dont perform

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Stop living in the past with regard to North Sea Oil man. Whatever was there is nearly gone. It's done.
    I assume this is a little joke, for I'm sorry lexusgs, that's not what the oil industry says.

To try and lay this canard to rest, I have tried to get a handle on ScotlandтАЩs oil output, its annual contribution to the UK exchequer (seemingly totaling at present between ┬г15 - ┬г19 billion), the amount of oil in at present undrilled offshore fields and the costs required to develop those fields. Unfortunately, the political debate very much clouds the issue. Those in parliament in Westminster play down reserves and future revenues; those in parliament in Edinburgh offer a much rosier picture. The fact that the industry presently employs 440,000 in high paid jobs in the UK (mostly in Scotland) is rarely mentioned, and this is clearly very significant given the existing employment climate around Europe.

One impediment to further production was the UK governmentтАЩs decision in the March 2011 budget to increase the tax on oil produced to 81%. (The oil industry presently contributes about 20% of all revenues accruing to the UK government). The industry itself seems to suggest that if the tax were reduced, there would be greater incentive to develop what are now marginal fields. With investment of ┬г8 billion per year over 5 years, the industry reckons there are 24 billion known barrels of energy (split between 2/3rds oil and 1/3rd natural gas) available to be tapped. With Brent Crude now around US$100 per barrel, that ┬г40 billion investment could return ┬г1,600 billion from the oil alone тАУ without any estimate for the natural gas! More than 85% of those reserves lie in Scottish waters.

These are the oil industryтАЩs own figures from its 2011 Report (58 pages if anyone wants to go through it ). Even allowing for some exaggeration and a reduction in oil price (and assuming I have extracted the correct information), the value of the oil under the Scottish part of the North Sea is still massive.

http://www.oilandgasuk.co.uk/cmsfiles/m ... /EC026.pdf

Now i have to catch up on the Olympic news. Can't wait for the individual gymnastics events and those cute Chinese and Japanese competitors with their gorgeous bodies :wav:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OK Oil and other topics need a new thread. Kap Kun Kaaaaa!

Yes ..allways thought the Chineese Gymnast's and divers were fit!

WOW! GB Women beat Brazil 1-0 to a packed crowd at Wembley ...now top of group !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

didn't even know
    GayButton HAD a team