Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: 4 week visit to Thaialnd

Liked

4 week visit to Thaialnd

We just returned from a 4 week visit to Thaialnd ,had a great time as always.
    We arived in Bangkok and had two nights in the Tartawan,always enjoy a couple nights in Bangkok before heading out to pataya, did the useual bars in soi twilight,although did not go in too many gogo's .seen the shows too many times ,although we did go in xboys ,this show has not changed in about 5 years ,it was not packed proberly about 15/20 customers, lots of Asians in the soi,not too many europians.
    we Headed off to Pataya ,i had booked in to Moisaik for 9 nights ,great double room ,seperate bedroom,overlooking blue house massage I have stayed here before so i new what i was getting ,I dont think you can beet it for price and size,although at the end of 9 days i was a bit surpriced with the amount i was charged for electricity,this was about 1500 baht,and i can honestly say we did not use the air con too much .so a bit excessive for 9 days i thought,and a 300 baht charge for cleaning the room after departure.
    In 10 years of coming to pataya I have never seen the bars so quiet,and the gay beech so dead ,I know its low season but i have been in low season every year , and thought this time it was the quietest its ever been,I never saw the useual boys on the beech ,where have they gone,back home or just been lucky with customers and taken away .
    Did sunnee most nights ,few customers in the popular bars and go go's,but some were just completely dead ,how they survive I will never know, Also visited Jomtien complex on many occations, always enjoy the resturants there ,I think this area will take over the complete gay scene eventually ,had a steady flow of customers.
    Boys town not changed much except the new show bar next to Panarama, there trying hard there and i hope they do well,open air caberet show,looked like a fun bar , Went in the bosses bar Happy place a few times, and had great fun on the wine tasting evening and Boy bingo, me and the boy friend won 4 prizes , Two free off's with the boys tip paid for ,what more could you ask for ,and a 1000 baht voucher for Cafe de amis, great restaurant can Highly recomend it m and another 500 baht for another restaurant so we did great ,we took off the free off,had fun really nice guy only worked there a week bless him ,and we saved the other one for our next visit in November.Jope the bingo continues it was great fun .
    After the 9 days in pataya we hired a car and went to Surin to see the Inlaws,it had been two years since my partner had visited them so it was time to go home for a few days ,All very excited to see us again ,family get togethers ,it was fun for 3 days ,like the village life for a few day s just chilling out in the country ,seeing all the family ,going to the fram ,visiting the temple,my partners family run a local village shop in the village and father is the chief of the village,so its a very early start in the mornings ,with shop doors opening just before 6.00 am ,and father going to the market at 2.00 am to buy fresh food to sell in the shop,always enjoy it ,especially taking the cash from customers in the shop,and all the school kids popping in to buy there sweets before school,there all so shy seeing the forang,it puts a big smile on there face ., and all the farmers coming in for there shots of whisky so early in the mornings before heading out to the farms, its a total different life to city life,and this is thaialnd ,the real thailand,growing rice,rearing cattle ,piggs and chickens, selling a bunch of coriander and spring onions for no more than two baht a bunch,kids spending 5 baht for some sweets to go to school with.
    After the home visit we headed back to pataya stayed in jomtien, for a few day s,had fun,but still fairly quiet around pataya,we took off a couple guys from gay romeo ,very disspointed with them ,looked nothing like there photo's,,i think the photo;s must have been at least 5 years old,so that was a little disspointing , i suppose you live and learn.Had fun with friends and visited some nice restaurants,it was good trip and we will be back in November.
    Since we arived back in the Uk we have had rain every day ,so the weather is most dissopointing ,but must come back and do some work and get ready for our next trip.

Liked

Re: 4 week visit to Thaialnd

Nice write up Markie. Thanks for taking the time to share.

And I always get envious of you guys that spend a month in Thailand. Most I ever get is 10 days. Oh well, some day soon.

Yes i like doing same ...staying at bf's village for a few weeks ..had my birthday there last time....and then going to Pattaya rest of the time

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I live in Pattaya and must say your report about Sunee was very accurate, it is amazing that others make recent reports on Sunee and paint a completely different picture. :dontknow:
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Nice report Markie. I,ve also just returned from Pattaya 3 weeks. I stayed in the Ambiance Boystown. Very good.
    Yes the weather back home in England is truly awfull rain rain rain.
    Like you I have never seen Pats so quiet particularly the gay areas. Only place not so was Samsuk Sauna.
    I used gayromeo with success as I like sex in the mornings.

Liked

I've been travelling to Pattaya for sixteen years; I've never seen the gay areas as quiet as they were in early June. However, other areas seemed to be much the same as they usually are in the low-season.
    Things are changing for our community; Pattaya is changing.

I think its not just Thailand..where the gay bars are not supported in the same way
    years ago in Manchester the gay village was packed every day of the week ..but alot of gay people stopped going .so to keep them going they had to make them more inviting to the public in general...so now i'd say its 50% straight
    i bet you could hear the same story anywhere in the world

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris1
    ...years ago in Manchester the gay village was packed every day of the week ..but alot of gay people stopped going .so to keep them going they had to make them more inviting to the public in general...so now i'd say its 50% straight...
    Hmmmm - here's my take on Manchester:

What happened was the C4 tv programme "Queer as Folk" which (for our International members) was set in the Gay "village" in Manchester - this brought the str8s flocking to the bars around Canal Street until it got to the stage where gay people couldn't move in the bars (sometimes couldn't even get in) for drunken females cackling like hens and spewing on the floor.

Therefore gay people felt less inclined to go (including me) - and yes, it's now 50% (or more) str8 especially in the "trendy" bars.

Yes ..what you said is correct....but it has to rely on weekend buisness now cause its empty in the week
    when i worked there years ago it was packed even on a tuesday afternoon