Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Getting from Pattaya to Chonburi

Liked

Getting from Pattaya to Chonburi

Can anyone direct me to how i go about getting to and from Chonburi for a day trip?
    I prefer not to rent a car as i don't trust driving myself. I am sure there must be buses but
    can't seem to get an answer from agents, they just want to sell me a driver / guide.
    Thanks again, one week down and another week to go. Enjoying myself as I expand my "usual"
    Thailand routine.

Liked

Re: Getting from Pattaya to Chonburi

There are probably several buses that will get you there. One I know about is at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit. Turn left on Sukhumvit and about a half a block there are local buses that run constantly. The longest you'll have to wait is 30 minutes, and most likely less than that. You won't have any trouble finding it. There are always people waiting there for a bus. You'll pay on board the bus. Just ask the driver if he makes stops in Chonburi. Don't forget to find out where to catch a bus back to Pattaya and what time the last one leaves if you're coming back later at night.

Once you're in Chonburi there are plenty of motorbike taxis or you can hire a baht bus.

Of course, if you take a young gent with you, he'll be able to handle all of it for you.
    https://www.gaybuttonthai.com

Liked

Thanks GB. that is a big help.
    I am going there to meet a young gent, so the getting back should be easier as he will put me on the bus.
    Have a good day.

Liked

There is not much I can add to Gaybutton's advice.

When I went to Bang Saen (see my recent trip report), I did as he suggested.

You should call your friend before you board the bus and remind him that you are coming. Or get his address written down so you can show it to motorbike or baht bus drivers.

The worst that can happen that you can't reach your friend on the phone (battery empty), nobody around speaks English, then you juste take a bus back (most probably on the opposite site of Sukhumvit road).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

buses run like 15/20 per HOUR -but from pretty early (around 4.00) till not that late evening-service dries up soon after dusk-though there are isolated bsues coming from BKK or even further that may run later. Just pay on board to conductor-ther is hardly any cheating on fares, though tickets are often not given. Big luggage goes for free and will be put for you in the hold down.
    What you have to know is:
    the big blue+white buses at the busstation do NOT make this trip-they are long-distance 1st class.
    The local buses are now all also AC, but painted white+orange/blue stripes, and do all stops along their route-incl. on demand. SOme boy will jump off any time and shout out destination-you, you-Pattaya! Official stops have some round sign with a painted bus and Thai letters-most have some nice wooden sala=waiting open air hall, often with pop-vendors, who invariably know all+anything about the buses-if you buy that coke
    For PTY that means along Sukhumvit (buses come from Sattaheep or Rayong) and they may go on after Cb to BKK-various routes, Chachoengsao or others. When schools are on/off, they are filled to the brim with young scholars-they will make room for you, but standing is often the norm-till someone exits near you. Just tell your motosay driver in PTY what bus you want and he will deliver you on the right stop. Upcountry they always give seats for farang-but around PTY that is less likely.
    ALL and any Thai bus has a set of nrs on the side, that lists the route nr (a very clever thought out system that covers the whole country-from most nrs you can see where they go just by some reasoning), the nr of the bus for that route and the class nr-1/2/3/4, sometimes wit some Thai letters, plates are yellow and start with 10/11 (3x is for hired coaches), colours do not mean company, but rather class of bus.