From, HealthDay News. 14 May, 2006:
The elderly may not benefit from aggressive treatment for prostate cancer, a study at the University of New Mexico Cancer Research and Treatment suggests.
Even though prostate cancer eventually can be fatal; it often progresses so slowly that many men, particularly those over 75, are more likely to die of some other disease.
Aggressive treatments such as radical prostatectomy or radiation, while eradicating the cancer, can have negative effects on quality of life, including urinary incontinence and impotence.
As a result, aggressive therapy's side effects may not be worthwhile for elderly patients: there was no evidence of a significant survival benefit from treatment.
"This raises the question: Should we be aggressively looking for prostate cancer in older men? The answer; I think, is no," said lead researcher, Dr. Richard M. Hoffman, an associate professor of medicine at the treatment center.

So if it works, and it doesn't hurt, leave it alone! The odds are: something else will kill you first.
Whoopee! That's the best news I've had this week!...Right after: it's down to 3┬░C tonight, my dog's not preggers and there's a 10% chance Brad Pitt is gay--And a .000013% chance he wants my body!...For something other than a door-stop or Halloween costume.
Actually; I think the door-stop would be quite lovely, providing he has me bronzed.... I might even do for a hat-rack...or a lamp post.
Oh, goody!...a lamp post!
I wan'na be a lamp post!
I wan'na be a lamp post!
Isn't that what Scientology is all about?
And he can use my prostate for a hockey puck...or a whoopee-cushion--But not an ash tray: I gave up my cabaret act years ago!

Which reminds me of the (nearsighted?) elephant, recently in the news because he tried to get it on with a Land Rover:
(I'm am NOT making this up, you know!)
The driver reported he (The elephant--Not the driver, you ninny!), "dribbled" (The driver's word, not mine.) so much it was, 'Necessary to turn on the wind screen wipers.'
I hope Jumbo remembered to leave ┬г20 on the bonnet...I mean...just the clean-up alone!

Um...And there was this: "Well known evangelist (Believer in, Evengeline [sic] Lilly...Evengeline Lilly's lollys.), dingbat and gaybasher, Pat Robertson, says god 'confided' in him that a tsunami 'MAY' hit the Pacific Northwest 'some time' this year."
...........................(thinking)............. ...............:idea:...
Um...Could it be?... The famous Japanese pole dancer, Sue Nami--She who propelled incontinence into a career--is coming to Alaska?
In any event; anyone wishing to book an Alaska cruise...I think you're safe. At least; safe from tsunamis.
But rampaging woolly moofs...er...mastadons may be a worry.

And speaking of woolly moofs; god gave me a message for boygorge,
"That elephant wants his arse back--But take your head out of it first. Thank you from J.C. God."

HAND