Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Ipad SIM airport

Liked

Ipad SIM airport

I wanted to buy a SIM card at the airport and was wondering if I could buy one for my Ipad 1 as well. The problem is that they use (smaller) SIM cards that need to be cut to the correct size. I might be way behind and maybe they sell these kind of SIM cards standard now a days. I know that SIM cards can be bought in every 7/11 but I doubt it that they can cut them to size. Come to think of it, I also lost that little pin that opens the SIM card holder.

I forget to check if Bally's would provide WIFI. They offer internet but on the website they don't talk about WiFi and on Agoda it clearly states that they offer free Lan. Good for my laptop but not for my Ipad. Anyway, 3g is always useful for the latter because I might enjoy it in the daytime, en route with Grindr...whoops, na bad idea.

Who has experience with this?

Liked

Re: Ipad SIM airport

You can buy a sim for the iPad at any of the network outlets at the airport.

I use AIS who do a monthly unlimited internet package for 700Baht. There are also weekly and daily packages.

You can get all this set up at the airport booth in a few minutes.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Take your iPad to any phone shop at MBK, they will cut the sim if need be, when buying a card check how much time you think u will use and buy the card from Dtac, or Ais (123call).
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    Take your iPad to any phone shop at MBK, they will cut the sim if need be, when buying a card check how much time you think u will use and buy the card from Dtac, or Ais (123call).
    With an iPad time you use is not the governing factor.

All of the packs are geared to how much data you download. so if you are only going to use it to check email then get a low data pack but if you intend to use it for websites then go for the higher data pack. You can get a month for around 700/800 baht unlimited downloading which is a lot cheaper than buying weekly packs and have to keep renewing them.

Liked

I just need it for a couple of days.

Not to heavy traffic

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman
    I just need it for a couple of days.

Not to heavy traffic
    http://www.ais.co.th/mobileinternet/en/ ... m-package/

Liked

tnx

Looks good to me.

Liked

They often give away SIM-cards for free at the airport. I have two "Inter SIM for tourist" (Truemove) flyers with SIM-cards from previous holidays. I haven't used them so I don't know if there is a hook (you sometimes have to be careful if something is free).

Liked

I would change that into Always christian :-)

Liked

Excellent, thanks for that post and the replies, I was going to ask the same question :love4:

Can't live without my iPad and the hotel I am staying in only offers wifi in the public areas... what I have in mind is hardly public :tongue3: