Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Davinci Code concerns

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    I haven't read the book, nor seen the film, and don't plan to.

I was simply pointing out that it is a bit piquant that someone complaining about a best-selling literary work being so "poorly written" was himself incapable of writing the shortest post even to the spelling and grammatical standards of the fifth grade.
    I believe modern educational methods discount the importance of correct grammar, punctuation, syntax, and vocabulary in favour of self-expression. It does not matter, therefore, how one says something as long as one has something to say.

A quick poll, maybe?

Is the poster known as Young Master Cedric an instance of BadBoyBilly's unique sense of humour or is he just another ill-mannered youth? That upbringing at Kensington Palace (as told to us by Hedda http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=223 ), not to mention the schooling (but not at Slough Comprehensive) where dusty volumes of the Literary Review lined the library walls and Young Master Cedric gained familiarity with authors such as Evelyn Waugh, seems to have been of little influence. Perhaps he's going through a rebellious phase? I'm told it sometimes happens with young people
    Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    I believe modern educational methods discount the importance of correct grammar, punctuation, syntax, and vocabulary in favour of self-expression. It does not matter, therefore, how one says something as long as one has something to say.
    That certainly seems true of Young Master Cedric's contribution

Arse Hole

Arse I am so tired. I just got home from mothering six fully grown Washingtonia palm trees onto a large reticulated truck, each weighing more than a ton. The crew? A jabbering cackling bunch of Cantonese toy-boys, no I don't speak Cantonese, though the phrase, comb your hair later, would be very useful. This is the glorious summer job.

So please excuse any grammatical errors, can you do me that favour? Now Arse where was I? Oh yes, I like the word "piquant" though I am more familiar with "pee-cunt" nothing to do with you I hastily add, just as used by the satay satiated when they refer to spicy. Or for anything the Dutch here find agreeable and sexy. The d'vincicode is not one of them. The Dutch come with the job.

Can i put your mind to rest Arse? When i say badly written i dont of course mean the grammar or punctuation or any-thing as mundane, though that would have been more in keeping. I mean just badly written.
    The list is endless, but for mains what about "plodding" as Mr Smiley (dear Smiley) correctly called it, it's meant to be a thriller for god sake!!!!! And then all that breathless prose "confronted by an ALMOST inconceivable apparition in the form of a giant albino...monk" is something inconceivable or is it not, and wouldn't a giant Albino monk most definitely qualify? Blah blah blah, my apologies Arse, I really am tired

Sleep tight Arse. Can I add Hole? Then everytime I write your name i can get a boner.

Give peace a chance

You've done it now. Hedda's had to intervene - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=242

Did not enjoy the movie at all.............. maybe i should have read the book first?

Side-tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Did not enjoy the movie at all.............. maybe i should have read the book first?
    Reading the book before seeing a movie is not always ideal. An example of this happened with the first Harry Potter film (don't ask what kind of a silly adult I am to be reading this tosh). I sat through the film remembering what bits had been missed out and what bits should have been done better and ultimately thinking that the Harry portrayed in the film was not as I saw him in the book and in my head. A less wooden actor may have helped!

To completely side track and run off with this thread, does anyone have any ideas about the ending. If it hadn't already been done I would say that Harry's dad turns out to be Voldemort ala Luke and Darth Vadar - I don't think even JK would try this though. Another theory I have is that in the books there has been mention that Harry's parents were betrayed by a close friend. Could it be that between Harry, Ron and Hermione, one of them will be the betrayer and go over to the dark side before final redemption? Im figuring that there has to be a sacrifice in the final chapter and that if JK gets things right, then Harry will be the one to pop off this mortal coil to save his friends, although I don't know if she will do that in a kids book or whether she would want to kill off the cash cow of possiblly returning to the series later in life.

"Did not enjoy the movie at all.............. maybe i should have read the book first?"

Did it occur to you that perhaps the movie simply sucks?

Boygeenyus vomited this crap:

Did it occur to you that perhaps the movie simply sucks?
    How the fuck would you know Dicknose?

By your own admission you have never seen the film NOR read the book

Booygeenyus' wanking words of wisdom:

I haven't read the book, nor seen the film, and don't plan to.
    But then again that has never stopped you from mouthing off about things you know nothing about

Fuckwit

Yet another SF Hydra with poor reading comprehension. I didn't say the movie sucked -- how would I know, I haven't seen it? The guy said he didn't enjoy the movie, maybe he should have read the book first. My question to him, "maybe the movie just sucked period" -- and would continue to suck regardless of whether the book had been read first, second, or never at all.

Go back to whatever Hydra rock you crawled out from under. We don't need your potty-mouth here.

What sort of a masochist pays to go where he is not liked or wanted - just so he can be heard saying things about what he knows not?

And pays for the privelege?

At least Hedda was smart enough not to pay

What is your excuse?