Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: missing something

Liked

missing something

Hi everyone

not long now until i arrive in thailand, may 17.
    I was wondering if people miss anything while in thailand??? I live in spain but was born in the UK
    i left young so i dont miss anything, but the Brits and Germans here now have everything they can get
    from back in the own country, supermarkets sell everything now.
    But years ago i rememebr people bringing stuff from the UK, like sauages, bisto crazy,English mustard, bread, and even eggs ( i was told english eggs are better than spanish )
    So the last time i was in Thailand i notice they had some stuff but not everything like here in spain, so
    is there anything you miss from back home and bring with you, that you can not get in Thailand.

paperboy

p.s, i arrive may 17 if you want anything just PM me ok, weight is no problem im flying 1st class
    so ahve about 30 kg allowence and im not bringing much with me, apart from my condoms (xl)

Liked

Re: missing something

Welll, if you could make a quick pit stop in Amsterdam :notworthy: Just tell em it's medicinal at customs.

But seriously, nice gesture.

Liked

paperboy; if you enjoy good wine then bring some from Spain. The allowance is 1 L. The wine in Thailand is very expensive due to duties, tariffs, taxes and greed.

Although scarily I see the Government in Holland have just voted a few weeks ago to stop tourists being served in coffee shops in Amsterdam from June of this year !!! (I am assuming thats what you were to referring VM :-)

I mean COME ON ! What's the world coming to, between that AND prostitution being illegal in Thailand (lol) I'm seriously starting to run out of suitable dens of iniquity in which to spend my vacations !! ( although as I'm going to Amsterdam at the end of May I'm sure I'll manage :-)

Although thankfully like all sensible people spread across the globe I'm sure both sets of residents will do what all right thinking people should do in regard to politicians "silly" laws and just pretend we're all french and simply ignore them !!!

*(That's a compliment by the way Francois and not an insult as it's one of the French peoples most sensible traits I think, if you don't like something then simply ignore it :-) .......actually now that I think about it it is perhaps very Thai as well - thankfully !! :-)

Getting back on topic I've been trying to sit here and think about the things I might miss if in Thailand and the only two things that spring to mind are nice good quality pork sausages and ( perhaps not surprisingly) proper tasting Guinness ! as no matter how hard places try in Thailand Guinness just never the same there :-(

Liked

I'm asking you - what is the world coming to if an honest tourist can't get his smoke on when visiting Amsterdam? Soon, tourists will not be able to get fish and chips in the UK, paella in Spain or yabba in Thailand.

Sorry for going of topic paper boy, but something had to be said.

I actually misread your first post and thought you were flying in from the UK.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    *(That's a compliment by the way Francois and not an insult ......
    (
    If you please, I prefer Pr├йsident Fran├зois!

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    If you please, I prefer Pr├йsident Fran├зois!
    I think three different Presidents all in the one week would be too much for even the French to stomach ! Lol

Liked

congratulations on your victory, Monsier le President :notworthy:

I thought we'd sorted out that the best fish and chips are available at all good Chinese restaurants in Pattaya :dontknow:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I understand that if you are an expat, you can sometimes miss something from your homecountry from time to time.
    But as a tourist, even for 3-4-5 weeks, I will always eat local food.
    Well, first time I was in Thailand, after 3 weeks with only thaifood, suddenly I needed a big dirty beef, but my stomach got crazy and was in double size for 2 days. Since that time no way.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gaymandenmark
    Well, first time I was in Thailand, after 3 weeks with only thaifood, suddenly I needed a big dirty beef, but my stomach got crazy and was in double size for 2 days. Since that time no way.
    Think you should have gone for the big CLEAN beef - works for me :occasion9:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.