Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovely new forum home and moderation

Lovely new forum home and moderation

I must say that I very much like the new board and moderation. Letting most anything stay on the main board does not seem to have proved a problem and broadens the board interest for me. I always feel tetchy when a post is "moved" to the relative anonymity of the General forum - especially if the decision was questionable.

I love having the ability to stop seeing a trail. The 'ignore' button to hide certain member's posts is great.

The Karma/Smite is rather fun. The incidence of smiting seems to be abating which is good. I think it should be used very sparingly. Encouraging the good guys should send a message to the loonies.

Having read Smiles on the complexity of running this new board and the requirement for computer expertise to so do, then I think Elephantspike's efforts have been a great success and I say "Thank you very much".

I agree this forum is bye far the best outa the last 3. Keep up the good posts guys

The applud/smite function seems like a popularity contest where social approval wins over rational argument. It aims to reward conformity, and punish dissent. This changes a discussion forum into a moral thermometer, which is a shame in my opinion.

As I have never felt the need to ignore any member of a board, the ignore function is useless to me. Still, I do love the ignore feature as it means the irrational PC brigade can self-censor against my posts. Self censorship is so funny!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

can't understand objective getting the bad karma...

I have enjoyed objective's posting but can't understand his negative karma in such a short time and with so few postings.. With so many posters having so little to say , I find it refreshing when I see objective add his comments.. I have also noticed boygeenus , which whom I have had my differences, with a high negative karma..He is also one of the more interesting and original minds on this forum..
    I think the karma thing acts as a subtle deterant to some posters with original ideas and not in lock step with the majority..Of course, some posters enjoy provoking the membership and seem to thrive on turning people off and work on increasing their negative karma but only fools waste their time reading and responding to these warped minds..
    Since the karma system can be manipulated by those with multiple identities and the moderators themselves, it cannot be taken seriously..
    One man , one vote means nothing when there are those who circumvent the system either thru deceipt or thru power... Even letmetellyou has quieted down noticeably and I wonder if his karma ratings is the reason..............

Not objective

Because this karma thing is not objective, Cattawapuscat, it gives me the feeling some times fuck off Baziel , we don't like to read your post.
    I ignore that karma thing
    It gives me a not welcome quote .

Give a welcome

Gives everybody a welcome on this forum and think in a positive karma, let karma not go below 0
    Only a applaud
    We not all did go university, does not mean this forum must be in hands off the elite.

I post white my hart in my bad English, use your ignore but tom, but stop smite

Baziel

Baziel you're asking the elite to abdicate their most defining characteristic: their authority to morally condemn.

The karma rating in no way reflects value, it's just an arbitrary approval rating. Attaining a high karma rating is only of high worth to those whom are driven by peer acceptance. Don't let it get you down!

Tarzan and Jane

This karma thing

Me Tarzan, you Jane

Even i do not now you , objective, thanks, i will not fade away, i promise

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Lovely new forum home and moderation

I Like the Board...not better than the last 3...each had their own special place...as our herd continues to roam.

I Like the "ignore" function, although will never use it. I see this as a useful tool for those who used to get all stressed out.

I don't care for the "Karma" function, although appreciate the creative thinking behind it.

I think the moderation is excellent.

Thank you Bob, John, David...and Alan for your your hard work during the evolution of the forum...it really paid off.

mai pen rai

Liked

Kudos to the Grand Poobah

Thanks so much for starting this thread. Our moderator, site designers and programmers should be whole-heartedly congratulated for all the great new changes.

Having followed this sight silently for many years now, I can definitely say it has truly developed into one of the best message boards I have seen.

It is truly evident that elephantspike has put an incredible amount if his time into what must be a labor of love. The way that he constructed this new site really taught me a lot about these type of message boards, what's good, what works, what doesn't work, etc.

THANK YOU TO ELEPHANT... AND TO ALL THE OTHERS WHO HELPED PUT THIS GREAT SITE TOGETHER.

Best of luck in the new year.

DJ