Quote Originally Posted by kjun12
anonone, you pose an interesting question. I got dizzy this week while walking around Chatuchak market. Surely other have had, at least, similar experiences.
I think you were pretty brave to go to Chatuchak at all in this weather. I reckon that it gets a good 10 degrees hotter than the outside in there - it must have been close to 50 while you were there. I'd recommend visiting early in the day, at any time of the year, to avoid the heat (the crowds aren't quite as bad either). There are one or two air conditioned cafes in there somewhere (sorry, it's no good asking me for directions on how to find anything in Chatuchak) that you can duck into for a bit of respite.
Yes, I have had the odd attack of dizziness from the heat in the past. To avoid it there are three things which, taken together, work for me:
If you walk around, do it at a nice even, steady, pace. Don't speed up unless you really need to (dodging a motocy on the pavement for example)
Have a dose of rehydration salts before you go out.
Drink water little and often through the day. Don't wait till you feel the need of it. That's too late.
I'd add don't drink alcohol - but that one might fall on deaf ears for some of us! Seriously, if you are hung over, you need to get rehydrated before you face these sort of temperatures outside.