Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Moderation: Too Much or Too Little?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think that there is currently too much moderating, deleting and editing of posts

18 26.47%
  • I would like to see more moderation on the board so there are more intelligent posts

13 19.12%
  • I like it just the way it is

29 42.65%
  • No opinion either way

8 11.76%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: POLL ON BOARD MODERATION

Liked

Re: POLL ON BOARD MODERATION

It seems strange this poll is running at the same time as the "Is the sex trade dying?" in the other forum.

Surely the thread has to ask the question of what is the purpose of the forum. Is it a slap and tickle for a few that have built up rapport with DaBoss? Is it a travel questionaire for those interested in travelling to or returning to Thailand?

I offer no comment but the two threads seem to be "interesting"?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Beachlover was never banned. I think he just felt nobody wuved him here. Everyone was picking on him.

Poor wee soul!

That's what happens when you post fake pics!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It was never the pics that bothered me because they were genuine from "somewhere" about the place. And it wasn't all the "information" he posted as it was copied and pasted from somewhere and was genuine.

It was the "recomendations" he made about these places he supposedly visited. If he just kept to the pictures and information it would have been ok for me but these stories about all these places he had been and in such a supposedly young age! Just say I Googled this for your reference or looked it up on Agoda and these were the pics I found....... you have to admit that he must have spent hundreds of hours searching the internet for information for the members and it was valuable information. I am sorry he left rather than to just keep to the facts of where it came from.

Well, yes - if he had just given the sources of the pics/info then that would have been preferable.
    You just know however, that had he done so he would have been attacked by those who scream "cut and paste".
    So he was damned if he did, and damned if he didn't.
    I believe the real and immediate reason he left (and took his alter-ego with him) was that he was found out on both counts .

C'est la vie, C'est la guerre.

:occasion9:

I don't care about cut and paste and I would not have allowed a battle on that issue. I would rather have someone cutting, pasting and giving the other members valuable information, than not to! DaBoss

Well, the Wombat gets accused of cut and paste all the time (not by me, I may add), so.... :dontknow:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    .... you have to admit that he must have spent hundreds of hours searching the internet for information for the members and it was valuable information. I am sorry he left rather than to just keep to the facts of where it came from.
    Yes, I do. I hope you will remember any good any of us did when or if we leave the board. However, I am sort of amazed that your memory is kind of selective that way. I also remember how he told all of us that we had no self-esteem if we bought a boy at a go-go bar. How we were all low lives exploiting the poor of Thailand. How despicable it was for fat old farangs to lust after Asian boys. I am sure if I went through all of his thousands of post I could find many more delightful and helpful things he said about the rest of us that were-----in your words----helpful. Gee if I post 30 posts a day and get you hit average up can I call you all and any names I want to? I mean do you like being abused (that verbal--not otherwise)?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, I guess my memory is selective or I wasn't here when he was doing that. I do remember him calling Pattaya shitsville and I was very annoyed at that.
    I was on the board for about 1/2 year after I joined and then left. I came back about the time of the opening of bar so as to promote it's specials and during those times don't recall them BUT they may have been there during those two periods.

He was a very strange indeed and as I said before he was fantastic at researching things and supplying information. That, I think many members will miss. The extra bullshit which includes those types of comments, I won't. He was very smart when it came to computer technology and I believe that really is his field of expertise. When The New Sawatdee Gay Forum was opening the valuable information he shared with me and graphs etc was astounding. I highly doubt the average member would have been able to give me 1/2 of that. That is the Beachlover I will miss.

I am sure I was at least 50% of the reason he left. Quietly I sent him many many warnings and if you realize it, there was a big change in what he (if he was a he, some say he was a she) posted after I took over. Right from the beginning I said no shitsville, no tempertantrums, bitch fights really laying into others and no picking on the go go boys as prostitutes. One of the biggest problems he faced was he was told that he could not post more than 6 posts in the am and 6 at night. I said at one point that I needed a moderator just for him!
    Oh and he was absolutely beside himself when he ws told that he could not bring up Boyztown and the KQuill days. Absolutely crazy.

the main reason beachlover *left* ( if he's not using other names .. which id imagine he is) is because one of his early posts came back to haunt him .... a post about how he picked up a boy who may or may not have been 18 the second time he picked him up ... which was a year after he first picked him up ....
    he basically admitted to being what he accused everybody else of being ...
    theres a link to it on 'rush yet agains' blog .. ask him if he can paste it onto here ... buggered if i can be bothered going to look for it .

Oh let's not get into an underage sex drama, dear - especially when it's all based on dubious detective work on some anonymous posts, rather than any reliable evidence whatsoever.

AND (bringing it back on topic) that's exactly the sort of stuff that needs robust moderation.

:banghead:

from what i read on it .. it was beachys own post that said all that was said .. no one else ...
    anyhow moving on ...