Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Moderation: Too Much or Too Little?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think that there is currently too much moderating, deleting and editing of posts

18 26.47%
  • I would like to see more moderation on the board so there are more intelligent posts

13 19.12%
  • I like it just the way it is

29 42.65%
  • No opinion either way

8 11.76%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: POLL ON BOARD MODERATION

Liked

Re: POLL ON BOARD MODERATION

Difficult question (and unfavorably worded, as others pointed out already). On the whole, the moderation is ok. But I think it should be restricted to cases that clearly violate a law (like underage sex and lese majeste). I witnessed a few deletions where this was not the case, so I voted "too much moderating". For other cases, the members should act accordingly (i.e. don't feed the trolls, use the "ignore" function).

Banter and bitch fights are a crucial part of this forum, they should remain. Even if I don't take part, I enjoy reading them (up to a certain point, then it gets boring). It's hilarious when grown up men act like children!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

A recent post of Smiles. The words "deleted" and the lavender font colour were also put in by Smiles. I'm sorry Smiles, and who did you say was a 5 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    :laughing3: :laughing3:

Every message board needs a class deleted to enliven the place with unadulterated deleted such as Diec's bull-deleted. I just hope new members here don't take the deleted seriously and go scurrying out to Isaan to deleted every gogo boy's deleted by deleted him and his deleted right there under the kitchen table.
    Most entertaining however, and right up the deleted big hairy dark deleted-hole in terms of keeping this board's members well-informed, yet thoroughly deleted. A real class act for sure, full of deleted deleted and more bull-deleted.

The above deletions were not by a moderator but done by the child author Smiles himself. DaBoss

Liked: 1

I answered a post back in January 2012 headed "For Those Who Like Hanging Around Shopping Mall Toilets"

My post is pasted below. I have highlighted in red the words which were edited and not even a mention underneath that it had been edited I did not write notorious person I wrote a board members name

Considering that we all use board names and not our own I thougt it ridiculous to edit it out and make my post totally loose its meaning. The person under his board name has been outed as a cottage queen before. Since then I just look and rarely post. so is this board over moderated? Yes it is

My post 17th january 2012

The only thing I can think of which would be more scary would be finding a notorious person in the next cubicle
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry, looked at that post and read it and can't recall it at all. Possibly the old Mr. jinks?
    i went back into the moderator logs and found that prior to very early Feb 2012, actions were deleted. as I did not know how to delete prior logs I can only assume that Mr jinksie did it and deleted those logs prior to then so I have nothing to really look at prior to him resigning.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    Sorry, looked at that post and read it and can't recall it at all. Possibly the old Mr. jinks?
    i went back into the moderator logs and found that prior to very early Feb 2012, actions were deleted. as I did not know how to delete prior logs I can only assume that Mr jinksie did it and deleted those logs prior to then so I have nothing to really look at prior to him resigning.

Thanks for looking in to it. Now you are in charge and have the final word, I hope you won't become as zelous as Jinks became in his final days as moderator. As has be mentioned by other posters I come here for a laugh, some fun and to exchange storys and experiences.

Btw whatever happened to boygenyus I used to enjoy my bitch fights with him
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well I went to the main control board and typed in boygenyus and I get, "user does not exist". So I don't know when the last fight was you had with him or what as he obviously was barred for some reason. Searching under posts seems like you were all talking about him last on Oct 3, 2011 which would have been 3 days after I bought the board. I was all preoccupied with the Gay Button letter about LMTU to notice what jinksie was doing. There was only 2 of us at that time and I can assure you it twasn't me!

People that are READING this board that were barred befor can just re-register under their OLD USERNAME and it will allow you to re-register. If you abuse the board then I can take a fresh look and decide if the banning was justified. I don't know when people dissappeared nor why as when they were deleted I can't get that info.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

To much moderation? No. The disappearance of Beachlover, L.M.T.U. and Combat have basically achieved the proper equallibbrium.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    To much moderation? No. The disappearance of Beachlover, L.M.T.U. and Combat have basically achieved the proper equallibbrium.
    I could live with LMTU and Combat, but the constant saturated dribble from Beachy was enough to drive anyone away.

Forum's veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    Well I went to the main control board and typed in boygenyus and I get, "user does not exist".
    Try boygeenyus....... last active before Bob banned him February 2009.

Love to most, I'm still around.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons

Oscar Wilde was quoted as saying, There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating - people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing, Beachlover fit into the latter category....he was fascinating sometime in that he was so unaware of how he knew absolutely nothing. He was fun to poke at occasionally, shall we start a poll to vote on allowing him back?
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.