Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: How Real Estate works in Thailand?

How Real Estate works in Thailand?

Can anyone give me information on Real Estate jobs in Thailand as I can not find any information on this topic?

1. Do you need a license and if so what are the requirements?
    2. Can you work there part time without a work permit?
    3. Is it all strictly commissions as it is here in the USA 3% sales person 3% broker or firm?
    4. Do they have MLS there as this may be one option of a business I can open?
    5. Basic information on how real estate works in Thailand.

If anyone could help me with information I would be truly grateful as I would love to make the move to LOS but am to young to retire and would still enjoy working.

PS: CanтАЩt we all just get along, I find it sad that some farang there are fighting all the time on here instead of supporting each other in a foreign country. In a country that to me was full of loving and helpful people always smiling. It saddens me to see some farang acting like this. What does this say to the Thai people when some farang are just out to make others lose face? I would only hope that you could solve your differences and get back to being the great forum that I have learned so much from and enjoyed reading, full of great stories on travel and other things and people who are kind and willing to help others when information is needed. I hope the fighting ends and that you realize how lucky you are to be living in Thailand when so many of us wish we could.

Just my 2 cents for what its worth and perhaps only worth 2 cents

I do not believe there is anything like a real estate agent's license in Thailand. Hang a shingle on your door saying "real estate agent", and you are one.

You do, however, need a work permit for ALL work in Thailand, whether full or part-time, paid or even unpaid.

The commission the home owner (seller) must pay to the agency is generally 3%. What portion of that is passed down to the salesperson will depend, as will whether or not a salesperson is salaried, or purely on commission.

There is no equivalent to MLS in Thailand. Unlike in America, many home owners list their property with two, three, four, or more agencies. There is rarely any exclusivity. Our friend Mr. Botting has already set up a website which collects listings from a number of different agencies, but it is not a formal, officially-recognized organization like MLS is in the US.

Following on

DELETED

Liked

Re: Following on

Quote Originally Posted by John Botting
    " ... You cannot work without a work permit full stop ... "
    I hope the topic-starter hears this loud and clear.

Xstreamlove, get thee to http://forum.thaivisa.com/ . . . ( and specifically to their Thai Visa Forum ), register there and ask questions about working visas until you are satisfied you have that area down pat.
    Then think about how to go about getting the kind of work you want to do.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Not only are you not the first to think of it, but at least two farangs who actually tried to do it have already been caught and deported for life.

...zumtimes meester geenyarse...you talk too zoon... :bounce:

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar
    ...zumtimes meester geenyarse...you talk too zoon... :bounce:
    Quite right!
    In his campaign to ensure that everyone knows that he thinks everyone on the planet is an idiot except himself . . . he fucked this one up real good!!!.
    BoyGeorge could have gotten 25-to-life (with no internet access and soul visitation rights by LMTY!), and the 'other' Boy warned him off. What an idiot!

Cheers . . . :blackeye:
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand