Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Don Plaza

Liked

Hotel Don Plaza

Has anyone stayed at the Don Plaza lately? I read somewhere that it was for sale. Just wondering if it is still open. I stayed there on my last trip and I was thinking about booking again in April for a few nights. It's pretty basic but you can't beat the location if you like the Sunee Bars.

I really liked the fact that essentially it has a pool in that you can use the pool right across the soi for free(old Monty's pool). At about 1300b a night I could book a room in the Mosiak Aprtments for about the same price--but no pool.

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

Re: Hotel Don Plaza

Its still open but I would rather stay in Mosaic and walk the 3 or 4 minutes to the same pool .

Like the OP, I was thinking of the Don Plaza - I got shown round a few months ago and was reasonably impressed for the price being asked.
    But in view of the above comment I took a look at Mosaik website - they seriously need to amend the price lists!

Click on Room Rates and you will get prices for Nov 2012 to March 2013 - very interesting but hardly current.
    Click on an Individual room type and you'll get different prices - but for 2009-2010!
    Call me old-fashioned but what I want to know is what it would cost NOW - not what it WAS 3 years ago or what it's GOING to be in 8 months time!!

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Quote Originally Posted by Dani69
    Its still open but I would rather stay in Mosaic and walk the 3 or 4 minutes to the same pool .
    Quite agree Dani69, i don't care about pools myslef, but if I did i would still stay at Mosaik and pay to use a pool elsewhere if that desperate for one. The Don Plaza rooms would have to be massive and beautifully furnished to compete with an equivalently priced room at Mosaik.

Liked

Is the Mosaik a mostly gay venue? There is a certain comfort in staying in a mostly gay venue--i.e. the Don Plaza or the Tarntawan in Bangkok.

The downside in staying in a "gay" establishment is that you sometimes have to put up with seedy and predatory individuals who quite openly sit and stare at (or even proposition) your "partner".

:occasion9:

Liked

I've heard you're not doing that as often as you used too, scottish, so that's good. :sign5:
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by asdsrfr
    Is the Mosaik a mostly gay venue? There is a certain comfort in staying in a mostly gay venue--i.e. the Don Plaza or the Tarntawan in Bangkok.
    Not completely Gay- but certainly very gay friendly .

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    I've heard you're not doing that as often as you used too, scottish, so that's good. :sign5:

You cheeky swine!

I didn't mean ME!

:sign5:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Shit, I thought you meant you (SG) also!