List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: FANTASTIC new regional Chinese restaurant in Pattaya!

Liked

Re: FANTASTIC new regional Chinese restaurant in Pattaya!

Announcement: There is a special event at PAO Tuesday 10 April at 6 PM:

The 'Frugal Freddy' dining group will be making an appearance at Pao this Tuesday April 10 @ 6pm. There is the choice of 3 'mains' with a choice of 'starter' included. The mains are: (1)Ramen with Spicy Beef @B130, (2)Beef Curry @B180,(3)Pork Ribs @B180. There is an additional 20% discount on the prices above and beverages are also 20% off this time only.

Personally, I suggest you avoid going during this time. They aren't used to being that busy (the entire staff consists of the two Chinese chefs) and they are focusing only on a limited subset of their menu for this large group.

However, if you want to mix with that group, you might want to go then. All are welcome.

BTW, the beef curry is a Chinese style curry and they bring the spices from Hong Kong. However I don't think the curries are their strongest dishes. Better to start with any of the fresh noodles, dumplings, or pork ribs.

Some might ask, why I do I seem to care so much about exposing PAO for your dining consideration? Because I am passionate about food and when I meet chef restauranteurs like those at Pao who are so dedicated to doing freshly cooked authentic regional food for a more than fair price and I see the world isn't noticing what they are so sincerely offering in enough numbers to make it economically viable, I just want to help all that I can. Of course, the base reason is I want them to stay open so I can keep having their food!

Yes the Frugal Freddy exposure will help and I'm sure most of them will love their food and obviously the price as they're into frugal ...
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Just a reminder that PAO is open for business again after their Songkran break.
    Evenings only until late. Closed Monday. There is another planned closure starting about May 20 and then back again after that.
    Yes I realize that is an odd business practice to be closed 10 days almost every month, but it is what it is, and it is GOOD!
    Just plan to go when they are open and hope to the food God this place stays in business, because nobody else in town is doing anything like what they are doing (not to mention the really friendly prices meaning you can order lots of dishes like a tapas bar and enjoy many different tastes).

As a reminder of how good:

PAO: Freshly Made Authentic Chinese Food

Some of our Chef's Special Dishes:

Handmade Thick & Chewy Shanghai Style Noodles (Customer Favorite!)
    (in choice of clear broth, hot and sour soup or dry w/ spicy meat sauce)

Twice Cooked Pork Dumplings (boiled and then pan fried)

Xiaolongbao, Famous Shanghai Steamed Dumplings with Soup Inside

Crispy Potato Flour and Egg Pancake with Baby Oysters

Deep Fried "My Kitchen" Pork Ribs with savory sweet and sour sauce (w/ rice)

Slow Braised Zhenjiang Pork Ribs in black vinegar (w/ rice)

Steamed Rice Noodle Roll with shredded Chicken
    Cunt Pride!

well at last you have admitted to having an intrest of more than just liking the food in this place .. thank god ...

Some of *our* Chef's Special Dishes

bit of a give away ...

when as before it used to be *there* chefs ... dont understand why you didnt want anyone to know it ??

Liked

For one thing, dude, I "didn't want anyone to know it" because what you have charged me with is 100 percent FALSE. Why would I want anyone to know something that isn't true?

Thank you for being so cynical and suspicious. I guess I understand but I find your attitude sickening as anyone who knows my posting history knows I post on good food when I find it and have no business interests at all in any business here.

That's some possible text for their outside menu board that I plan on suggesting to the very talented chef owners there as an act of helpfulness to two very sincere and worthy young entrepreneurs from Hong Kong. I just pasted it in without change. They are indeed very talented chefs (its only one man and one woman running the entire place, no other help) but they aren't the most professional in the marketing area. I don't think what they have written there now really communicates what they offer well and how special it is for Pattaya offering Chinese food like no other local place does. So its written in the voice of a message on an outside menu board. I hope people of good will can accept the explanation. You can believe what you want, but my only interest in Pao is that I find their food wonderful and I'm seriously disgusted that Pattaya isn't proving sophisticated enough to recognize a gem like this when it magically appears.

BTW, do you find that text appealing? If you didn't know about Pao and saw that written on a menu board would it appeal to you and give you an idea of the food that is on offer? Any comments or suggestions on the text other than bitchy paranoid stuff?

Again, my ONLY interest is if they don't stay open, there will no place in town to get food like theirs, and I REALLY love their food. Of course I also wish the chefs success as well, as I guess I'm just a nice guy. So sue me.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

OMG
    Narakmak your going a little bit over board here
    there is recomending somewhere and there is plain
    desperation free advertising,

do us a favour and give up,
    you dont see it do you?????
    your doing this place more damage than good,
    a simple recomendation would have been enough
    then wait for some back up from another board member
    to confirm what you say.
    thats what i think anyway :love4:

Liked

That's a fair opinion and I get your point. It seriously pissed me off to be falsely accused of having a business interest in Pao though so yes I overreacted. So far, apparently nobody has visited from here and/or not interested in commenting. Given that, one questions the interest of people reading this board in restaurant suggestions anyway. Anyway, because Pao has been closed so often, generally about 10 days of every month, I thought it was helpful to post the most current closing dates, just in case if anyone does want to try it they can go when it will be open. Free advertising, you say? Well you can think that but again I have no personal pecuniary interest in said establishment.

In respect to your point, I won't say anything further about the wonderful food and fair prices offered at Pao, which BTW, does not serve Chinese food swimming in oil as the trained chef's don't like it that way. However, if it is OK, I would like to continue to post closing dates when I know them.

It would be nice to hear some feedback from some board people here but I won't hold my breath. arty

BTW, here's some more Chinese restaurant gossip.

The original British Chinese chef from China Garden is now working just down the street at Katai Restaurant. An odd very straight Cheap Charley kind of place with British, Thai, and Indian food. Right now he has three Chinese dishes that he is doing:

1/4 aromatic (deep fried) duck served with pancakes, green onions, cukes, and hoison sauce 149 baht (enough duck for a full meal for one person)
    Salt and pepper (fried) squid 69 baht
    UK style chicken chow mein, 129 baht, nice al dente egg noodles bought in from Bangkok, same taste as American chow mein, not deep fried noodles as in Hong Kong style

You might actually need to ask for the "Chinese menu" to hear of these three choices and/or some will be written on the menu board outside. The regular printed menu (which is very uninspiring!) does not have them.

There may be more news later on this, perhaps an expanded Chinese menu there, or perhaps a move to a dedicated new UK style Chinese restaurant.

To be clear, I am not recommending or not recommending the Chinese food at Katai. I just thought some people might be interested in hearing the news as I know some gay local people do like China Garden.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

ok

i will go and report back, when im there

Liked

Narakmak --i would not get too bothered in anything Brtit has posted -- He just posts for no other reason it would seem (based on content ) than to try to be the most miserable cunt on the board - hardly (if any? ) new info spews from his typing and the style then seems to be disparage anything that might be original info to the board

The posts on the Chinese restaurant is v helpful and i also plan to make a trip one evening !!

Namnamak - I'm trying to keep religiously to the thread in hand and not give an opinion on what I think so will just ask "do they do carry outs or do I have to eat in to get my gravy chip ?"" as us "yobs" sometimes prefer just picking up carry out food from Chinese restaurants so we don't disturb all the serious proper diners such as yourself with our slurping our soup and licking the spilt food off our napkins and things ?? :-)

Liked

Deliveries? Absolutely not.
    Take out? Yes it is possible but it would be stupid as this is fresh food best enjoyed on the spot.
    Cunt Pride!