List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: FANTASTIC new regional Chinese restaurant in Pattaya!

Liked

Chinese Restaurants

Chinese restaurants in Thailand are, to me, sub par and that rating is giving them a lot of pluses they don't deserve. My experiences with Chinese food in London, New York and San Francisco have been very good. Why is it so poor in Thailand?
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Liked

Re: FANTASTIC new regional Chinese restaurant in Pattaya!

I totally agree with you that the standard for Chinese food in Thailand is much lower than in NYC, San Francisco, and London.
    I can't really say why considering the large numbers of wealthy Thai Chinese people. It is what it is.
    Chinese food is especially poor in Pattaya. I have had decent Chinese food in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
    That said, you need to try Pao. It is real Chinese chefs doing excellent Chinese food. A limited menu, yes, but what they do do is great.
    For example, their pan fried beef dumplings with hot soup inside, similar food I have personally witnessed San Franciscans queue up two hours for that!
    Here you just walk in and most tables are empty.
    If we don't support this restaurant, we are fools.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

I should have made it clearer in my first post. I am only referring to Bangkok. I have never tried any Chinese restaurants in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thaialnd.
    Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't like", but he never met Donald Trump.

Well I have tried UK style fish and chips and find them quite good but having gone to London for a few days and experienced many of their foods there and here I have to admit I am really concerned about trying "UK Style Chinese Food" as advertised on Pattaya People News. I will definitely give this place a go when they return as nakarakmak or however he calls himself, has turned us on to some very good places.

Liked

Well, I don't make it to Bangkok much these days, but I have had some excellent Chinese food there. Even though I agree the overall standard is lower than the cities you mentioned, if you do your research, good stuff can be found in Bangkok. Not to mention specific places, but I had some great meals at high end hotel dim sum places, and also some hole in the wall regional Chinese places where the waiters couldn't speak Thai or English. In those places, you are gambling about what you are actually going to be served though and have to be adventurous.

Pao here in Pattaya has a clear English menu and a picture menu and the chefs speak fluent English.
    Cunt Pride!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Actually I forgot. You are correct. I had excellent Chinese food at the Shangri-la Bangkok in their Shang Palace.

Liked

The Pao chefs are now back from HONG KONG.
    Open daily, from 6 pm till very late, closed Mondays, and another Songkran closure starting 12 April.
    Go there now! You will thank me.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

Next time I'm in Pattaya I will try it for sure. Thanks for the advisory. :happy7:

Liked

Hey there.
    I had another fantastic meal at PAO and I didn't see any of you friends of Dorothy there. In fact, the joint was empty.
    The best Chinese food in town for ridiculously fair prices and nobody is biting?!?
    What's wrong with this town?
    Anyway, they are open daily except Mondays from about 6 pm to late at night. Songkran closure starting 13 April for 10 days, then open as usual again.
    First time diners, be sure to try the freshly made noodle dishes. As in fresh Chinese pasta, get it? And the noodles are perfectly done al dente. Either covered in a savory meat mixture (ask for it spicy if you like) or in a hot and sour soup.

Location: Pattaya Klang, north side, between 2nd and 3rd, next door to Fascino pharmacy, further east than Soi Buakow

If you go and you do like it, please tell everyone you know. This place deserves to thrive or at least stay open. Hint. Hint.
    If you don't like it, shut your trap! (Just kidding.)

No, there is not any Thai food there for your boy toys, and there never will be. These are CHINESE chefs. From CHINA.
    They don't know Thai food from your Aunt Gladys and don't expect them to!
    There might be some things a Thai who eats only Thai food can tolerate. I think they might like the braised pork ribs in dark vinegar and Chinese herbs. Or maybe not! There is also an egg and oyster dish done Chinese style instead of Thai Chinese style, but Thais know a similar Thai Chinese dish.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked

PAO is normally closed on Mondays, but tonight Monday April 12 they will be open. Probably because they will be closed starting 13 April for the Songkran period and a little beyond.

BTW, some might ask, is PAO a gay or gay friendly restaurant. It is a restaurant and the chefs are friendly. If you show up, it will be a gay restaurant for the evening. Who do I have to blow to persuade you guys to eat at PAO?
    Cunt Pride!