List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FANTASTIC new regional Chinese restaurant in Pattaya!

Liked

FANTASTIC new regional Chinese restaurant in Pattaya!

You will love this place.
    Yes I suggested Deli-zza before, and sadly now it is closed!
    However PAO is open for you to enjoy.
    The owners are going to Hong Kong soon starting 19 March and reopening about 1 April.
    So you have two nights to try it unless you want to wait a few weeks.
    The chefs are from Hong Kong and specialize in totally freshly made noodles and dumplings as well as many other dishes. It is for lovers of real Chinese food, you know who you are.

Prices are moderate. Portions are smallish so order multiple dishes. Believe me, it won't break the bank.

Location: Pattaya Klang (next to Fascino pharmacy), north side of the road between 2nd and 3rd

Hours, 5 or 6 pm to 1 am, daily except Monday

If you want to try right away, you MUST go March 17 or 18, if not wait until early April.

Some examples:

Xiaolongbao, Shanghai dumpings with soup inside, steamed
    Beef pan fried dumplings, also with hot soup inside (highly recommended)
    Pan fried pork dumplings
    "Pot stickers"
    Handmade wontons
    Hot and sour soup with handmade noodles (hand pulled noodles!!!)
    Hand pulled fresh noodles with savory beef topping (tip, ask for it spicy, so delicious!!!) only 70 baht
    Pickled cucumber spicy or mild your choice
    Shanghai "drunken" chicken wings
    Crispy salt and pepper squid
    Egg dish w/ oyster
    Steamed dim sum rice rolls w/ chicken, scallop, or shrimp
    Four kinds of curry with rice, Chinese or Japanese choices
    Pork ribs done in assorted Chinese treatments

Please support this restaurant! They really deserve our business. They are taking a risk and doing something authentic, fresh, different for Pattaya, and honest. If we don't support this kind of wonderfulness, we don't deserve places like this here. Believe me, there is no place in town doing food like Pao. It would rate as a great place in Bangkok or San Francisco. We are so lucky to have these Hong Kong chefs here. Don't blow it! Go there now.

Yes, honestly, they need the business. They get a lot of walk by traffic from Russians and most don't understand the food. They don't do Thai food or Thai Chinese food or westernized Chinese food and they don't intend to. So that leaves out all but the more sophisticated Thai people. So that leaves more sophisticated expats and tourists, like many of us!

Everything is freshly made. What more could you ask for?

Like Deli-zza, you will thank me for this tip!

Cunt Pride!

Liked

Re: FANTASTIC new regional Chinese restaurant in Pattaya!

Ohhh, I've been looking for a place that does this...THANKS!

Yes you did give us Deli-Izza and what a great place it was for going and getting the best of sandwiches!! BUT a quick little update!
    If you want you can call them and order packages, mind you not large packages but enough to make a sandwich, vaccum sealed to take home and make your own sandwich or like tonight if you have a few people, you can order a corned beef dinner, meatloaf, pastrami, turkey etc and they will make up a dinner and provide it for you! So no, they are not gone but just changed a little from a restaurant. Last week I ordered a corned beef dinner for about 6 people with cabbage and carrots. it was ready tonight and YUM YUM! Support them so they don't go away!

Now to Chinese! Thank's for the information on the new Chinese restaurant. I am sure it will be a great place to go.

Liked

Oh, thanks for the correction about Deli-zza.
    How does the new business work? I called them a while back for delivery and the number had been disconnected. Do they have a new number/new location? Where do you get a price list for these packages? Do they do packages as small as one sandwich? Do they deliver? Is this some kind of underground business concept? Sure I'd like to support them but how are people supposed to know how to deal with them now?
    Cunt Pride!

corned beef with cabbage .... make sure you sleep with the windows open tonight ewwww

Liked

Back to Pao. I'll post again when they reopen in April as a reminder. However, it would be very cool if these very nice people (the chefs) get a bunch of new customers on their last few nights before their HK trip. Of course there also will be a closure over Songkran, specific dates to be announced.

So for right now, you've got this Saturday and Sunday night to give them a first try.
    Cunt Pride!

The vaccum sealed packages I picked up tonight were enough for a good sandwich and were 150 baht each. They had some falling out with a partner and they just are not doing the restaurant. I am not 100% certain about the delivery but pretty sure that they will deliver or set a pick up. I just do not know.
    The number I have for Sean and his father that I use is 087 615 3731 and is the same one as on the brochure. Call them and talk to them and I am sure something can be worked out. As for me, well I just don't care what happened and why and if they are doing it to get rid of the partner or what but Sean and his father made outrageous corned beef and pastrami and I told them if they stopped it would be suicide for me! They promised me that they would continue but had to do it differently. I got mine tonight and I am sure they will take care of anyone else.

Liked

Just a reminder.
    Tonight, Sunday 18 March is your last chance to try out PAO before their closure until the end of the month.
    Don't worry, there is a table waiting for you as this gem is still being SLOWLY discovered by the food loving public.
    I suggest you focus on the freshly made hand pulled noodles and dumplings as opposed to the curries and main plates for your first visit anyway.
    I would like to hear FEEDBACK from some of the posters here, when you do try it.
    Cunt Pride!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not sure if I will make it before tonight. I am still trying to get through all this corned beef and cabbage!

Liked

The two charming young chef owners from Hong Kong really do travel back there a lot. One benefit is that they bring back special ingredients from there not otherwise obtainable in Thailand. They will also be closed for some days over Songkran. The specific dates will be posted at their restaurant.
    Cunt Pride!