Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pattaya - Bangkok Fitness

Liked

Re: Pattaya - Bangkok Fitness

Olympus Gym
    Sorry my instructions were wrong. Its not near the inter-section of Second Road and Sukumvit Road. Rather the junction of Central Pattaya Road and Suk Road.
    I assume you know Central Road. This is the one which runs from 2nd Road at the Tops Supermarket. Where it hits Suk Road you turn left and go about 300 Yards. You will see a large statue of a muscle man. Turn into the forecourt and you will see a large building. The gym reception is on the ground floor and the gym on the 1st floor.
    I'm hoping to be back in Pattaya in a month or so.
    I often went to the gym in the morning and then in the afternoon I go to Dongtan Gay Beach.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Can anyone else think of a good running place or route in Bangkok? I can only think of Lumpini Park...
    There is the "State Railway Public Park", in short suan rot fai near Chatuchak. It is vast, considerably larger than Lumpini (but on my map the size is similar to Lumpini), you can almost get lost in it.

Furthermore, large parts of Chao Phraya river and Saen Saep canal have a walkway on the side, that would be another occasion for runing away from a street with cars.

(Assuming you want to run in a park. I you are fine with running along a street, you can do so everywhere.)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks, Christian... along the river would be interesting. Just not sure where to start.

Are you talking about Chatuchak Park? The one next to the weekend markets? Yes... I've walked and run around that before. It's huge! The only downside is I then have a long skytrain ride back to my hotel in Siam.

Liked

There is Chatuchak Park (the one you cross from MRT station to go to the market), north of it is Queen Sirikit Park (not to be confused with Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden near Chiang Mai) and adjacent to this is State Railway Public Park. On maps, the distinction is not clear.

here two links about the two gardens/parks:

http://www.bangkoksite.com/places%20to% ... SPark1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    http://blogs.angloinfo.com/bangkok-city ... lway-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liked

Best gym in Pattaya

http://www.thecastra.com/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    In Pattaya their is Calif Wow on Second Rd vicinity of Royal Garden. A good gym but trying to negotiate a price is like haggling with an Iranian rug merchant.
    so how much is a membership at California Wow?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    so how much is a membership at California Wow?
    I don't know the answer to that. They start at some absurd price and haggle forever until the manager steps in and gives a final price which is not final. The last good deal I received was about 12,000 TB for three years which was a good deal. That was three years ago. This visit I took a gym holiday.
    The gym is ok except for Thai ladies sitting on equipment and talking on cell phones plus chatty farang hanging on the equipment like a drunk on a utility pole. Also loud Disco/Calif music!

For cardio, I practically run around the neighborhood for about 3 kilometers or 40 minutes, which ever comes first. There are a few fitness areas around my place so it would be easy for me if I decide to enroll in one of those.

I would really like to try Yoga though I do not have a buddy to go with me. Is anyone here interested with the same discipline?