Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: tipping guidance

Liked

Re: tipping guidance

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    a477...finally....what took you so long...
    What took me so long? Well, unlike you, I actually travel and that's what I'm doing right now. In Vietnam I can't always get access to the internet.
    I'm off to Pattaya tomorrow for the 15th or 16th time over 5 years- amazing how far you can travel on the dole, isn't it.

So, when are you going to answer my question? You could easily prove you were recently in Thailand by offering some UP TO DATE info, not something reposted from 2009.
    I guess you won't because I first asked you 3 weeks ago and you suddenly left the thread without answering the question.
    Looks like you are right about Latin --!!!! --in the past i have read the various things re LP and how it looked like he was a troll of sorts --,frankly it didnt matter to me one way or the other --
    all he ever wrote was vile rubbish --i think i remember saying to him last year that i hoped anybody i knew in Thailand would never ever meet up with him !!
    It looks like i dont have to worry on that score -- it looks like he is never ever here for that to happen !!!!

Give us a report on Veitnam i if u get the chance !!
    Been there myself a bout 3 years ago ,but any new info app
    A friend went for a 4 day break with his Thai bf last month and they had a very very good time !!

Liked

Wish I could give you some good news re gay life in Vietnam Martin, but there is absolutely NOTHING! Mind you, I've been in Hoi An and Hue so I didn't really expect much. Just shops and restaurants and lots of bars. Nobody who even LOOKS as though they might be gay. I was in Saigon in October and guys who offered me girls also offered to take me to gay places when I said I liked guys. So some kind of gay places do exist in Saigon but I was too afraid to get into a taxi and be taken to some place out of town.

Come on Latinpox. Come out of hiding and answer the question!

Liked

A handsome and sexy Vietnamese friend of mine who lives here in the USA visited Vietnam a year ago and told me about the experience he had there at a gay bath-house. He explained that for a very long time he was not attracted to other Vietnamese guys but on this trip there were many guys that he was attracted to. He met one guy in the bath-house and had fun with him only to find that the guy took his watch. The guy didn't deny that he took the watch and my friend went to the management to complain and they offered him no help of any kind. He also said that he let it drop because they hinted that he could find himself in deep trouble due to the fact that he is now a citizen of the USA.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

:sleepy1: :sleepy1:
    Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    A handsome and sexy Vietnamese friend of mine who lives here in the USA visited Vietnam a year ago and told me about the experience he had there at a gay bath-house. He explained that for a very long time he was not attracted to other Vietnamese guys but on this trip there were many guys that he was attracted to. He met one guy in the bath-house and had fun with him only to find that the guy took his watch. The guy didn't deny that he took the watch and my friend went to the management to complain and they offered him no help of any kind. He also said that he let it drop because they hinted that he could find himself in deep trouble due to the fact that he is now a citizen of the USA.

:sleepy1: :sleepy1:
    selective !!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Wish I could give you some good news re gay life in Vietnam Martin, but there is absolutely NOTHING! Mind you, I've been in Hoi An and Hue so I didn't really expect much. Just shops and restaurants and lots of bars. Nobody who even LOOKS as though they might be gay. I was in Saigon in October and guys who offered me girls also offered to take me to gay places when I said I liked guys. So some kind of gay places do exist in Saigon but I was too afraid to get into a taxi and be taken to some place out of town.

Come on Latinpox. Come out of hiding and answer the question!
    The beaches are so beautiful in that part of Vietnam !! stretch for miles and miles
    I founf GR the only place to hook up --but that was over 3 years ago

I went to a place in Saigon that i was told had guys by my motorbike taxi!!! - i was led down a dark lane ,up a few flights ,into a room ,2 surly boys ,i said no tks ,they said wait --3/4 more boys arrived ,i felt v uncomfortable

I then said i wanted to go --things got not so good ,i had to pay something stupid (lucky to leave with my watch ) to get away !!
    A belgian friend had something similar happen to him --in his case he got chased by a knife wielding guy down the street ---
    As i said to him that evening its amazing the( sometimes) danger we put ourselves into just for the sake of to cum !!
    He nodded his head , smiled and headed off to the airport next morning ,to go back to Saigon --the next evening i got a text from him , he had hooked up with a Gr guy and himself and his bf were going to a condo somewhere in Saigon ,where there was a group party going on !!

luckily it all ended happily (very ) that time !!
    Saigon sounds a lot of fun now !!!

Liked

ok mods no more Vietnam --not need split this thread !! (like before )

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you! :notworthy:

Liked

Back to tipping. I am never sure what is the right amount when you go "upstairs" or "behind the flowers" in certain bars , with one or more young gentleman to discuss quantum
    theory ? arty

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lukylok
    Back to tipping. I am never sure what is the right amount when you go "upstairs" or "behind the flowers" in certain bars , with one or more young gentleman to discuss quantum
    theory ?
    Since you are discussing quantum theory the answer is problematic depending on the nature of the interaction of your two bodies. 500 Baht seems reasonable +/- 300 Baht.

Wow, who would have thought that my first post on this board would generate so much....."discussion". :blackeye: Now that things have settled down, I have a couple of follow-up questions:
    - What/where is Soi Twilight? I only know of Silom Soi 2 and Silom Soi 4 for gay venues.
    - Can anyone recommend or comment on the massage places? I'd like a decent massage but also a good selection of guys (preferably not the effeminate types). I understand that there are gay massage places in the Sukhumvit area as well? Are there other gay venues in that area too?

Thanks!