Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: tipping guidance

Liked

Re: tipping guidance

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    NO-that WAS long ago-and strange howit may appear to you, these rates have been raised twice/year and in fact depend on the province. Currently in BKk its about 230/240-to just under 200 in the poorest of isan chiangwats. As about anyone who follows Thai politics will know, one major promise of the redshirt taksin follwers was to raise it to 300 bt/day -has yet to happen
    For BKK and the m2m msg shops: you all have a small world, as you only seem to be able to think of the centre-Silom ghetto area. Out of it the min tip is mostly 500-and many boys with whom i talked said this was the normal rate too-for Thai. Can include ''everything'' - no real negotation needed.
    The quoted amounts that ''have not been raised'' since the last x yrs were far too high then and still are. No wonder they give you a false impression.
    What HAS raised in the last 10 yrs or so is the complete inability of newcome tourists to bargain properly with knowing the normal prices-for things like those dreaded tuktuks, T-shirts etc- no wonder such a grasshopper pague of crooks is trying to eke out a living on that. or stimulate the Phuket etc creeps
    Speaking of tuk Tuks I avoid them completely in Bangkok is I have never found a tuk tuk willing to even match the price of a proper taxi.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

OMG...gasp...seems like pong is in agreement with me...good thing i was sitting down when I read his posting......taking into account the minimum wage...and what a recent graduate earns...tipping 1500 for overnight is silly...you might as well stamp atm over your forehead.....

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    OMG...gasp...seems like pong is in agreement with me...good thing i was sitting down when I read his posting......taking into account the minimum wage...and what a recent graduate earns...tipping 1500 for overnight is silly...you might as well stamp atm over your forehead.....
    Frankly, who other than a cretin would take any advice from YOU on matters of sex etiquette - commercial or otherwise?

:occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Quote Originally Posted by martin911
    Hi Terry, No need to apologize for asking a question. You will find that tips vary from Person to person. As I am not rich, I try to tip with a level head where I don't want to be the lowest or the highest tipper. Most massage places have posted minimal tips for the guys. When I went to Arena massage I was informed that the printed minimal tip would double if special services were given. So it would depend on where you go. If you go to Senso massage in Bangkok, they are higher in cost but I felt they were worth it.

The last time I offed a guy from one of the bars in BKK, I tipped 1700 baht for 2 hours of their time. I have never offed a guy from Tawan because I heard they demanded higher tips. When I was in Phuket a few years ago, I negotiated with the guys but I never tipped less than 1700 baht even if they only asked for 500 baht.

You didn't ask about Pattaya but I can tell you that the guys in Pattaya would be happy with 500 baht for spending a short amount of time with you... Not all, but most....

I don't know anything about the massage guys in Pattaya.

Sorry but i just want to ask you this ??? --when you say" not all ,but most" would be as u say "happy" with 500b !!-- what the fuck are you basing that on ??-is this what you pay ??

You are here what a few weeks/days in the year ?? so u have got that opinion from where ?? being with loads and loads of guys ??

and when you were here last OCT (around then ) when i saw you (twice ) I didnt exactly see loads of guys in your company looking for your loving -
    Free or not !!!!!
    In fact both times i saw you you were in FACT alone !!!

Newallen asks a good question in his post here --given the many writings over the years by Buck

what a crock of shit!!!! re the 500 b
    Do you really think these thai boys are happy to take 500 b and do some of the things that farangs ask them to do
    i know 2 guys that work in the bars,and that stay in my place ( as friends/to help them out/nothing else!! ) for the past year or so and i can tell you that they are not happy with some of the small money like that that some farang offer them

I have seen some of their ans on GR etc to such requests --/sat eating food with lots of their friends in the same bars and hear how they talk about such farang --its a very hot topic among the bar boys -- they will endure overweight/certain requests, somebody fucking them a longtime /pain etc (many types of tablets to cure a sore asshole ,to enable them to go to work again that day if neccessary )--but" kineaow " (meanness ) is considered one of the worst traits to find in a farang customer !!!--they KNOW any farang that has spent the type of money to get to Thailand has enough to give them that extra 500/1000 etc !!!!!!!!!!!!

No way are they happy to only take 500 !!!

And shame on any farang that does -less than the price of a fast food meal in most farang home country !!!!!!!!!!
    I stand by my post. If you have a different opinion than share it. I offered my opinion and i'm not going to argue or fight about it. I will offer my thoughts and move on. If you want an argument than you will have to do it on your own
    I think if you read my above post Buck you might just realise that i have shared my different opinion !!
    So you stand by your post and will move on - well bully for you !!- i only asked you to clarify one of your sentences in which you have stated something re the 500 :scratch:
    I would have doubted that you yourself was one of the ones paying this 500 figure --you have als seemed somebody who sounded fair

its not about having an argument !!
    can you let us know how you know that most guys in Pattaya are happy with 500 b for short time ??? --
    If you are not able to provide an ans no worries :dontknow: -- juat keep moving on lol --(and have a safe trip )

Liked

No. I shared as much as I cared to. It's 2012 and I am not going to get into a message board argument.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked: 1

Sorry but i just want to ask you this ??? --when you say" not all ,but most" would be as u say "happy" with 500b !!-- what the fuck are you basing that on ??-is this what you pay ??

You are here what a few weeks/days in the year ?? so u have got that opinion from where ?? being with loads and loads of guys ??

and when you were here last OCT (around then ) when i saw you (twice ) I didnt exactly see loads of guys in your company looking for your loving -
    Free or not !!!!!
    In fact both times i saw you you were in FACT alone !!!

Newallen asks a good question in his post here --given the many writings over the years by Buck

what a crock of shit!!!! re the 500 b
    Do you really think these thai boys are happy to take 500 b and do some of the things that farangs ask them to do
    i know 2 guys that work in the bars,and that stay in my place ( as friends/to help them out/nothing else!! ) for the past year or so and i can tell you that they are not happy with some of the small money like that that some farang offer them

I have seen some of their ans on GR etc to such requests --/sat eating food with lots of their friends in the same bars and hear how they talk about such farang --its a very hot topic among the bar boys -- they will endure overweight/certain requests, somebody fucking them a longtime /pain etc (many types of tablets to cure a sore asshole ,to enable them to go to work again that day if neccessary )--but" kineaow " (meanness ) is considered one of the worst traits to find in a farang customer !!!--they KNOW any farang that has spent the type of money to get to Thailand has enough to give them that extra 500/1000 etc !!!!!!!!!!!!

No way are they happy to only take 500 !!!

And shame on any farang that does -less than the price of a fast food meal in most farang home country !!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I stand by my post. If you have a different opinion than share it. I offered my opinion and i'm not going to argue or fight about it. I will offer my thoughts and move on. If you want an argument than you will have to do it on your own [/quote]

I think if you read my above post Buck you might just realise that i have shared my different opinion !!
    So you stand by your post and will move on - well bully for you !!- i only asked you to clarify one of your sentences in which you have stated something re the 500 :scratch:
    I would have doubted that you yourself was one of the ones paying this 500 figure --you have als seemed somebody who sounded fair

its not about having an argument !!
    can you let us know how you know that most guys in Pattaya are happy with 500 b for short time ??? --
    If you are not able to provide an ans no worries :dontknow: -- juat keep moving on lol --(and have a safe trip )[/quote]

Wow I seem to have missed a decent argument. Guys I'm with Martin on this one. Having been here a few months you do get to know a few working guys. 500 bht is an insult man to offer to someone who is offering up himself for your enjoyment. I don't know what % of gay visitors actually participate on the forum but I don't think it represents a huge amount in reality. To keep things in perspective I have a very good friend that decided he would work in A Bomb as opposed to Copa. He's a bright outgoing guy with a body to die for. He's just returned from a 13 day off with a german guy who offed him from the bar and the guy was paying him 3000 per day + the usual benefits. This is just to give you some perspective on what happens out there. Don't be a cheap charlie and you will find that your requests are met with a smile and great service. Just my two cents worth :bounce:

Liked

How much to tip a boy ? How long is a piece of string ? I prefer to off a boy LT and the cost of finding one that meets my specification sometimes exceeds the off tip. I start my evening rather too early whether alone or with freinds and all the costs mount up. Tips for the bar boys, boy drinks and numerous other minor items. So 1500 for the boy in the morning is not a massive item, particularly when set against the cost of actually getting to Pattaya from UK. A few hundred more is what I add if they accompany me to the beach for a couple of hours with a bit of frollocking in the sea.

Liked

a477...finally....what took you so long...
    What took me so long? Well, unlike you, I actually travel and that's what I'm doing right now. In Vietnam I can't always get access to the internet.
    I'm off to Pattaya tomorrow for the 15th or 16th time over 5 years- amazing how far you can travel on the dole, isn't it.

So, when are you going to answer my question? You could easily prove you were recently in Thailand by offering some UP TO DATE info, not something reposted from 2009.
    I guess you won't because I first asked you 3 weeks ago and you suddenly left the thread without answering the question.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TravellerDave
    How much to tip a boy ? How long is a piece of string ? I prefer to off a boy LT and the cost of finding one that meets my specification sometimes exceeds the off tip. I start my evening rather too early whether alone or with freinds and all the costs mount up. Tips for the bar boys, boy drinks and numerous other minor items. So 1500 for the boy in the morning is not a massive item, particularly when set against the cost of actually getting to Pattaya from UK. A few hundred more is what I add if they accompany me to the beach for a couple of hours with a bit of frollocking in the sea.
    That's a very good point.I might spend more on bar hopping and drinks etc.It's fun to check out every host and go go bar to make sure a sleeper has not been overlooked.

Liked

No. I shared as much as I cared to. It's 2012 and I am not going to get into a message board argument.
    For the second time --its not about having an argument -- why are you so defensive ???

Yes you usually are good at sharing with the board --paragraphs and paragraphs of stuff !! --which is all the more strange that you feel u cannot share more now !!

Ok lets leave it at that so --i hadnt realised you were of such a delicate nature !!

LOL