List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any recommendation for a nice hotel with pool ?

Liked

MIKE HOTEL is worth considering

Just around the corner from BoyzTown, the Mike Hotel on Second Road is well worth considering. An older hotel, but quite well maintained, and fully gay welcoming, it is a reasonable choice if you don't have a lot of extra cash to throw around. I haven't stayed at Mike's recently, but friends have, and they have been quite satisfied. They have a nice pool up on the fifth floor that most people seem unaware of, and the rooms are comfortable and clean, but not elaborate or fancy. It has an elevator after you get to the lobby, up one flight of steps.

You might check it out if you don't want to spend huge amounts of money as would be required for most of the hotels with swimming pools.

G.P.

Interesting site

but they can't be serious abot the rules/guidelines

This board is free of any commercial influences. Therefore, any subject apart from illegal activities, outing of members or threats to kill will result in an immediate ban
    I think there must be a missing "which".

:colors:

fully gay welcoming

I think you mean "fully prostitute welcoming", don't you? I've never heard of a hotel in Thailand which accepted female prostitutes, but not male ones -- have you?

Liked

viceversa

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    fully gay welcoming

I think you mean "fully prostitute welcoming", don't you? I've never heard of a hotel in Thailand which accepted female prostitutes, but not male ones -- have you?
    No but in Fassbinds time it was a fact that bar boys were accepted but bar girls were not.

Yes I know he was gay and open about it, but his reasons were girls made a ton more trouble and noise than boys.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Well, I for one would wish people would stop using the term "gay friendly" in this manner, as if there were a problem with homophobia in Thai hotels.

What there is a phobia of, in fact, is men bringing in their short-term tricks and floozies of both sexes into their otherwise reputable, "family" establishments. There is not a hotel anywhere in the country where a gay couple checking in together will raise any eyebrows, much less objections, whatsoever.

Well, I for one would wish people would stop using the term "gay friendly" in this manner, as if there were a problem with homophobia in Thai hotels.

What there is a phobia of, in fact, is men bringing in their short-term tricks and floozies of both sexes into their otherwise reputable, "family" establishments. There is not a hotel anywhere in the country where a gay couple checking in together will raise any eyebrows, much less objections, whatsoever.

Liked
    " ... Well, I for one would wish people would stop using the term "gay friendly" in this manner, as if there were a problem with homophobia in Thai hotels ... "
    BoyGeenyus . . . . folks use the term "gay friendly" viv-a-vis hotels and restaurants in a kneejerk fashion without thinking too much . . . kind of like I put on underwear in the morning without giving it much of a second thought.

By way of comparison, you ~ in exact same fashion, ( i.e. " ... in a kneejerk fashion without thinking too much... " ) ~ jump on, and criticisize (often twice, as above) 'everybody-for-everything' on this Board, no matter how small and innocent the issue.

It gets ponderous & tedious, reminds me very much of H*dd* actually.
    I appreciate your views on Thailand immemsely ... you have lived there full-time long enough to know many things which are valuable to the Members of the Board, and you've shown that often. Why bother with the small shit?

But (and I know you will) carry on ...

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

You're damned right I will carry on, in my one-man crusade against stupidity on this website.

Liked
    " ... my one-man crusade against stupidity on this website ... "
    LOL :albino:

" ... Very well. Sea," cried BoyCanute, "I command you to come no further! Waves, stop your rolling!. Surf(crest), stop your pounding! Do not dare touch my feet!"

He waited a moment, quietly, and a tiny wave rushed up the sand and lapped at his feet.

"How dare you!" BoyCanute shouted. "Ocean, turn back now! I have ordered you to retreat before me, and now you must obey! Go back!

But it did not.
    ... "
    Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

I will carry on, in my one-man crusade against stupidity on this website.
    There was once a King, Knut, who tried something very similar at Canewdon (Knut's Town) in Essex. :clown: