Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai Pop Star Set Losso drug scandal

Liked

Thai Pop Star Set Losso drug scandal

Just seen on Thai TV that the Set Losso the pop star has got himself in big trouble. Sorry if miss split his name.

His ex girlfriend took a picture of him taking drugs and posted it on facebook.

Looks like he may loose his recording contract according to Thai TV and may also do time.

Liked: 1

Re: Thai Pop Star Set Losso drug scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Marigar
    Looks like he may loose his recording contract according to Thai TV and may also do time.
    Well that would be a big loss to the music industry in Thailand as well as to music lovers in general if his concert and music making is curtailed in any way because of this regrettable act by his ex. This is the first I've heard of it so have'nt done a search on the details, but i can't see how that type of 'picture' posted on any social networking sites or indeed anywhere on the net could be classed as proof of a crime. How can it be proved from a photo that 'substances' are either genuine or illegal if not tested at the time?

Sek Loso is one of my favourite Thai artists and have enjoyed numerous concerts over the years and he is a firm favourite of many gay Thais. He is a truely gifted guitarist and songwriter I hope he gets treated 'fairly'.

I'm not going to comment on the drug taking aspect itself because I think that is one of the many choices in life you have....either to indulge or not, and to what level if you do, it's up to each individual just in the same way alcohol is. I consider illegal drugs, prescription drugs and alcohol to be on the same level. Any of the three can be used lightly for recreational use or can be abused leading to addiction and problems.

Liked

Has been on the News a few times. It looks like it will cause him problems.

I too like him, so hope things work out for him. Meet him a few times, really nice guy.

"Hell hath no fury like a women scorned" it seems :-(

Liked

Like Newalaan, Sek Loso is one of my favourites, especially when with his band Loso rather than as a solo artist.

As much as I like his music however, if he has been caught doing drugs I hope he gets treated like everyone else in Thailand and goes to the monkey house.

I won't hold my breath though. It's amazing how the law and justice doesn't apply if you're lucky enough to be a rich celeb.

On a drug related subject....

Heard a week or so ago that my Thai friend was getting a Royal Pardon and would be out on 8th Dec. Late on 8th Dec I got a phonecall from his brother to say that the judge decided he couldn't come out and has to do another year and a half. So much for a Royal Pardon.
    I long for much. I ask for little. I expect nothing. (Tasso - 1544 - 1595)

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by neoncrusade
    As much as I like his music however, if he has been caught doing drugs I hope he gets treated like everyone else in Thailand and goes to the monkey house.I won't hold my breath though. It's amazing how the law and justice doesn't apply if you're lucky enough to be a rich celeb.
    Ironically if he does get treated like everybody else he would probably get the option of bail, which is usually the amount of bribe money needed to enable your not guilty/not going to court possibility. It's not just celebs in Thailand who get this offer, 'the system' is designed without jury's etc.. to enable a whole line of officials to get a pay-off from every and anybody.

I personally hope he does get the option to get out of it, but in yet another piece of irony, fear he might be too 'high profile' to be able to get the 'same' treatment/options as normal citizens who break Thai laws and get the chance to offer a 'pay off' for their release.

Not sure the status of the case as when I spoke to my bf yesterday, Sek Loso apparently played a concert in Khon Kaen Friday night.

Liked

I think Sek Loso has had substance abuse problems for quite a while. A few years ago when he was in NYC with Moderndog, Noi Pru and a number of other Thai rock/pop acts for the avantgarde Ramakien performances that Bruce Gatson produced as part of the Lincoln Center Festival he basically was messed up on some sort of drugs or alcohol and got into a fight on stage that got out of control and was dismissed from the production. It was a big scandal at the time. I was there and it wasn't exactly clear if the fight was supposed to be part of the show or not.