List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much do sex tourists contribute to the Thai economy?

Liked

Re: How much do sex tourists contribute to the Thai economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    On the other hand, if you just define it as someone who travels someplace to have sex, regardless of whether that person pays for it, then that would mean I'm a sex tourist every time I visit Thailand, Singapore and any number of other Asian countries because I often have sex and hooking up on my mind!
    That's right Beachy you're a sex tourist. Get over it.
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlover
    ]Lots of males come alone and have no intention of having sex with prostitutes.
    Crap... Your gullible!
    Can't really respond properly to that other than to say you must have a pretty narrow experience of Thailand and its visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    On the other hand, if you just define it as someone who travels someplace to have sex, regardless of whether that person pays for it, then that would mean I'm a sex tourist every time I visit Thailand, Singapore and any number of other Asian countries because I often have sex and hooking up on my mind!
    That's right Beachy you're a sex tourist. Get over it.
    Sure... if we're going by that definition, I already said I accept that. But if the definition is that loose then I'm a sex tourist most times I travel interstate between cities in Australia too. Also, a large proportion of the backpackers who go to Khao San Rd and the Full Moon Party are sex tourists too.

I think the more commonly accepted definition is someone who travels somewhere primarily for sex with prostitutes, which is also how Wikipedia defines it.

Dboy, it doesn't have to be an absolute definition. But if it did have to be an absolute yes or no definition, I think the operative word is "primary reason". If the primary reason is sex with prostitutes, then they're a sex tourist. If the primary reason is work but they're doing that other stuff on the side, then they're not.

Liked