Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pattaya to siem reap

Re: Pattaya to siem reap

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    How safe is the road trip from Phnom Pen to Seem Reep I read Kevins original post some months back and it sounded like there could be bandits on that road.

Hi,

Not as much bandits on the road as much as scam artists trying to get you in their car straight from the off of dubious repute!

I can give you good taxi service provider if required. Even Phnom Penn hotels use guys that are well known to them. Yes, you can fly.

Also another possible way to travel from Thailand is:

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/71

The bus looked a pretty good option thanks Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneGuy
    The bus looked a pretty good option thanks Kevin.

Good advantage of the bus is there's plenty of people on there too! More secure and safety in numbers although it's a fairly safe journey. For the more adventurous there's the speedboat of course!

These are the things that make it a ' different ' holiday!

Liked

If you fly to PP I would certainly recommend the bus to Siem Reap. Last year I went from PP to SR by taxi - both myself and my Thai companion were petrified, it was like "playing chicken" with missing a head on collision by seconds several times - maybe just my drivers way of driving, but I was relieved to reach my Hotel in Siem Reap. On the return journey took the bus (the Hotel can do for you, and they send you a feeder mini bus to take you to the bus station, so very easy process), and found it a pleasant and very cheap experience