Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Moscow

Liked

Re: Little Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak

BTW, I think Russian tourists are ruining Pattaya and I am not afraid to admit it.

'
    I already mentioned on this board that half of all tourists in Pattaya are from Russia and post-Soviet countries (including local Thai tourists). If for whatever reason all of them disappear, Pattaya simply will be a ghost town. On other threads
    I saw some irritation regarding Arabs (and their numbers are clearly growing too). You, guys, need to learn how to live in the new world where bankrupt West plays diminishing role and your financial advantages quickly disappear. Vast majority of Russians and Arabs in Pattaya pose absolutely no problems and there are (still) plenty of swines from Australia, UK and other Western places. Thus, just shut up with your bigoted views and enjoy new infrastructure build by Russians (like excellent Armenian restaurant I mentioned).

Liked

Excuse me, but don't put me in the racist bag of people complaining about Arabs, Indians, Iranians, etc. I think they are great tourists. It is the Russians, when they reach the critical mass they have now reached here, that become packs of uncouth brutes. There are so many that I get taken for Russian quite often and when I reply that I don't speak Russian, in Russian, they always instantly turn into rude dolts, practically spitting in my face as they turn their heads away as if I am not a human being. I also love diversity in culture and diversity in food. I also like Russian food. We had Russian restaurants before they took over. If you don't see the problem of their shockingly uncivilized pack behavior, believe me, before long, you will.
    Cunt Pride!

....don't put me in the racist bag of people complaining about Arabs, Indians, Iranians, etc. I think they are great tourists. It is the Russians...
    :sign5:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    ....don't put me in the racist bag of people complaining about Arabs, Indians, Iranians, etc. I think they are great tourists. It is the Russians...
    :sign5:
    I agree that is funny, but the way the rude Russian mobs are poisoning the atmosphere of Pattaya is no laughing matter.

BTW, I don't hate Russian people as individuals. I have had good Russian emigre friends and many of them are indeed super intelligent and cultured. I have relatives who live in Russia and many who came from Russia. However, in mass tourism form, they are a horror show, and that is a fact, and most Russians being honest would tell you the same.

People who don't see that are being too politically correct for their own good. This is a real problem and it is getting much worse every year.

If it was Germans, Americans, Brits, Iranians, etc. causing the widely visible rude bomb that is the Russian tourist invasion, I would peg it on any of those groups. But it isn't. The problem is specifically -- Russians.

This is from PRAVDA. Yes, the PRAVDA, from Russia.

Russian tourists" is a phrase that makes many shudder. Rightfully or not, but Russians earned a reputation of rude alcoholics who like to splurge but have no knowledge of basic etiquette. A German citizen who requested his money back after his vacation was тАЬruinedтАЭ by Russians in Turkey added more fuel to the fire.

A funny but sad incident was made public the other day. A German tourist came back from his vacation in Turkey and filed a claim in a court demanding a part of his money back.

The tourist paid 589 Euros for all-inclusive vacation widely popular among Russians and was placed in a hotel filled with Russians by 80%. These Russians caused the tourist much frustration. He said that they ruined his vacation by being тАЬrudeтАЭ and тАЬunbearable.тАЭ The Dusseldorf judge was not convinced and declined the claim.

It is not so much about this particular unlucky German, but about the fact that for many the phrase тАЬRussian touristsтАЭ sounds like something horrible and extremely indecent. Everyone knows that certain travel agencies sell special packages for resorts with no Russians present. Not that many know that the buyers of these packages are mainly Russians. It turns out Russians are ashamed of themselves.

Of course, we can say that the bad fame of тАЬalways drunk RussiansтАЭ is a gross exaggeration. Yet, from time to time Russians show themselves in not so favorable light. A good example is a recent video published on-line showing a Russian female in Turkey or Egypt causing an ugly scandal over slow service. While this nice looking lady was cursing a bartender, the crowd was happy to encourage her.

Last year an opinion poll was conducted among Europeans where the participants said the Russian tourists did a lot of harm to others. Russians frustrate other tourists when they bring beach chairs to their rooms to guarantee they have them next day or pack food into their bags at buffets.

They behave extremely rude, speak loudly, and are generally unpleasant. Additionally, they flash their money trying to demonstrate to everyone how wealthy they are.

Interestingly enough, the last characteristic is appreciated in the Crimea. Local hotel owners say that while Russians drink and damage everything, they pay for this damage in full. тАЬWhen Russians are having fun they want everyone around to have fun. Waiters get ridiculously large tips. Usually after too much food and alcohol Russians fight. Normally it is not only people who suffer but hotel assets as well. Furniture, TVs and glass get crashed. Next morning guests move to another room, pay for the damages and continue their vacation,тАЭ local hotel owners said.

Ksenia Obraztsova
    Pravda.Ru
    Cunt Pride!

I don't deny there may be obnoxious Russians but, during the time I have spent in Thailand, I have come across equally obnoxious Americans, Germans, Arabs, and English. No doubt some would add "half-pissed Scots mincing round BT and Sunee in full highland dress" as I have been known to do.

The point is - people are (generally speaking) obnoxious not because of their nationality but because of their personality.

Ask 100 people in Pattaya which nationality your (Pravda) quote:

"They behave extremely rude, speak loudly, and are generally unpleasant. Additionally, they flash their money trying to demonstrate to everyone how wealthy they are"

applies to and you'll get several different answers!

:rolling:

Liked

Wake up and smell the vodka! :occasion9:
    Cunt Pride!