List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Thai guy's tour business and transfers ...

Liked

One Thai guy's tour business and transfers ...

Once again ~ annually in fact ~ I must do my part for my old man and do a little flogging of his business on this Gentleman's Board. I assure you ... you will only see this post once (besides the normal bumping any replies provide).
    High season in Thailand starts around the beginning of November, so a post on this subject seems appropriate at this time.

The man in question ~ the genial and courteous Mr Suphot-of-Surin-&-Hua Hin ~ has a taxi / tour guide business which he has on offer to all on this Board and the others ~ and all folks in fact, gay dudes being only a minority of the total ~ to take him up on the invitation and opportunity of enjoying a guided tour of Thailand's pleasures (you choose your own definition of 'pleasures' and decide wherever you'd like to find them. Needless to say I'm sure ... but some 'pleasures' are not available :o ).

He newest vehicle much improves the comfort of your journey ... in the main because the back seat is now a 'full' regular car-style seat rather than the cramped half-seat of the old truck. The wheels are also bigger and wider and the suspension more robust, giving a more plush ride overall.
    As always, he keeps it immaculate.

THE THINGS HE CAN DO FOR YOU:

• He can pick you up at the airport and bring you to Hua Hin.[/*:m:10bxht44]
    • He can take you back to the airport (if you are going there from Hua Hin & environs).[/*:m:10bxht44]
    • He can pick you up anywhere, and then take you anywhere. (A bit of an explanation on this one. Recently we've received emails or PMs from members inquiring about trips which include a start point quite a long way from Hua Hin. Pot has done quite a number of these ~usually the pickup is Bangkok ~ but mostly they are longer trips of 3 or 4 days at the shortest up to 2 or 3 weeks longest. However, a one day trip where Suphot picks up a customer in some remote spot, takes him to his destination, then he drives back to Hua Hin would 'normally' be too expensive for a customer to consider, as he would be paying for distance and time of which he gets no value. Hope that makes sense.)[/*:m:10bxht44]
    • He can take you on long trips (i.e. overnighters) or short day excursions around Hua Hin and environs. [/*:m:10bxht44]
    • He can be your guide, or just wait around for you to sightsee on your own.[/*:m:10bxht44]
    • He can guide you into the dark and erotic gay (or otherwise) bowels of Bangkok.[/*:m:10bxht44]
    • He can guide you through 'tourist' Bangkok or other cities you may think intriguing.[/*:m:10bxht44]
    • He can guide you through up country Khymer temples, back country isaan roads, rarely-visited towns along the Mekong, gun fight cities like Mae Sot ..... yada yada yada.[/*:m:10bxht44]

Basically wherever your Thailand adventure calls for a little more personal experience.
    He speaks quite fluent English.
    Boardies get a discount!

This is the vehicle, a Toyota Vigo 4-door diesel: Very comfy passenger seat & back seats, lots of leg room, full aircon, and a quite impressive sound system. Passengers can watch movies (in the front seat anyway) or listen to their favourite CD's or DVD's.
    The back seat is big enough for two big farang plus a small Thai, 5 small Thais, 3 medium-boned farangs, or any combination thereof. Three larger farangs in the back seat is a bit of a squeeze and not recommended for longer trips.

Luggage can easily be loaded into the backseat if only two customers are engaged, or, if more than two, it can be safely stored in the truck's box as it comes with a top quality waterproof cover (shown rolled-up in the photo below).

And this is the driver: Mr Suphot is a mature, 42-year old Thai man born in Buriram, but who's family moved to Surin Province when he was very young. His/our home is of course in Hua Hin now.
    Phot speaks very good English, and will drive as you ask him ... stop where and when you want him to stop ... speed up and slow down as you'd like it. His passengers' safety and happiness are his main concerns.
    He has Number 1 insurance for both car and passengers.

Prices for the 'taxi' part of the service are at the regular going rate for similar vehicles in Hua Hin.
    Prices for guided day trips throughout Hua Hin and environs are along the same idea ... a flat fee, discussed in advance, slightly below the rate of other services, although that can also depend on how long you wish him to stay out with you during the trip. Normally the customer would be expected to provide a meal depending on time spent away.

Prices for long, multi-day guided tours include the customer paying the cost of fuel, meals, and accommodations (where necessary), plus a daily stipend (negotiable within reason, in advance). To save you baht ... on multi-day trips he is quite happy to book into a (cheap!) Thai style hotel while you, his customer, lazes about in luxury at The Four Seasons Resort and Spa.

To get a taste for some of the many places Phot has taken customers too, just click on his Google Photo Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/suphot.tours

Anyone interested in such an adventure can email Suphot at << suphot.tours@gmail.com >>
    Or, you can PM me on the Board or email me at << dnl7748@gmail.com >>

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: One Thai guy's tour business ...

Looks like a nice truck he has, and hope you manage to get a couple extra customers of this. All the best to you guys!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't believe I've ever missed a chance to put in a recommendation for Khun Suphot when the topic of guides has come up. You'd have to look a long ways to find a better one - and who wants to waste time doing that?

Last March I had the opportunity to travel with him for a week or so up through Isaan to visit an old friend's family, and although I was somewhat under the weather (thank you, Smog God of Krung Thep) we had a fantastic trip. Over dinner the night before we headed out he'd asked me a little about what I thought I wanted to see, and based on that made suggestions and planned our route to and from my primary destination in Isaan. I saw sights (and sites) I probably wouldn't have ever discovered on my own.

If he were in the US, I would trust him with the keys to my home. My week with him was completely worry-free in every way.

Pot's a cautious and attentive driver, has a fine sense of humor and a generous helping of the easy-going Thai personality. I tend to wander off when I take the lens cap off of my camera, but while he kept an eye on me for safety's sake he kept enough distance that I could feel as though I were really exploring on my own. There's a truckload of stories from that trip that I haven't even begun to post about on my site, but I'll probably get started on them soon.

One of the series I get more requests for on the blog is the one with photos of Thai "Sleeping", although this shot of Phot hasn't appeared there so far. One of my favorite pictures of my late father is one of him on a palm tree on a rocky coastline in Hawaii, and when I was finally ready to leave one set of ruins on the journey last March I saw Pot in an almost identical pose. Although he was already awake again he stayed there so I could re-create a similar shot, about 6,600 miles from the original.

Unless you already have a favored guide you can hire Pot and go with a winner, or take your chances. Up to yooooouuu.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

BaoBao, you are quite correct. Subhot has a keen sense of humour and shock horror, even does irony, which is unheard of in a Thai. I think he must get that from another not far from the subject.

He is as Khun BaoBao points out, as honest as the day is long and the concept of overcharging for his services would be appalling to him. A fair price ... that is another story and always open to negotiation depending on the time of year.

I hope to see Khun Pot and Khun Smiles over December/January but may be disappointed given that this is Suphots busy period. Maybe I'll get lucky or maybe I will just have to be happy with one of the duo.

Cheers
    krobbie

Liked

I have booked Suphot twice, both times for extended trips of around a week in the Isaan (once to Surin for the Elephant Roundup and once to Ubon Ratchathani for the Candle Festival). I'm happy to have the opportunity to recommend him. He's knowledgable, friendly and a good driver and he really cares for you. The car's modern and comfortable, and the prices are reasonable. I hope to use Suphot again.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Is this an old picture of Pot ?

How old are these random guys on the forum page?
    [attachment=0:124u5zi3]pot.jpg[/attachment:124u5zi3]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Smiles, you should talk him into an advert on the forum!

Liked

Can he plan a trip as well? E.g. I know where I want to go (from reports I read on the internet) and may have an address or directions, but of course no map and no idea which is the best way to go and how long it will take.

Prices for long, multi-day guided tours include the customer paying the cost of fuel, meals, and accommodations (where necessary), plus a daily stipend (negotiable within reason, in advance). To save you baht ... on multi-day trips he is quite happy to book into a (cheap!) Thai style hotel while you, his customer, lazes about in luxury at The Four Seasons Resort and Spa.
    Is everyone here afraid of numbers? As I never used similar services, I am curious what the daily stipend would be for let's say a five-day tour (in addition to which one would have to pay fuel, meals, accommodation).

Liked

Can he plan a trip as well? E.g. I know where I want to go (from reports I read on the internet) and may have an address or directions, but of course no map and no idea which is the best way to go and how long it will take.
    Yes, he can do all of that for you. I've used Suphot's services in the Isaan, and there doesn't seem anywhere much there that he doesn't know. The main trip has been for a specific festival - the side trips off that often on Pot's recommendation. Others on the boards have said that he is equally knowledgeable about other parts of Thailand.

Is everyone here afraid of numbers? As I never used similar services, I am curious what the daily stipend would be for let's say a five-day tour (in addition to which one would have to pay fuel, meals, accommodation).
    It's up to Suphot to publish his rates, if he wants to. I guess it's partly dependent on the length of the booking and the nature of the trip. If you've got a trip in mind, why don't you just contact him and ask?

What I can say is that for the three (add one to Dansai this June to the above two) extended journeys I have hired Suphot for I have found his fees very reasonable and his service excellent.

Liked

My only objection to your promoting Suphot's splendid business is that it makes me think 'jeeze, another year flown by!'

Good luck for the coming high season!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.