Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self preservation for Old Gits

Done what same thing? Eaten themselves into an early grave en masse in attempt to avoid boredom?

No, dear. Eaten as a form of fun and entertainment. Eating is just as much -- or more -- of a social occasion in the East as in the West. The only difference is that much Eastern food is a little more healthful than Western food does.

The thread is about health, and that was what my post was in reference to. Nevertheless, I still maintain that westerners are the worlds gluttenous gastronomic hedonists, and asians are not.

Healthier asian food doesn't necessarily equate to less calorific food. What matters above all is how much the person decides they want to stuff down their cakehole. Indeed, westerners only ever get told they're ordering an unusually large amount of food if they're in a foreign restaurant. Consider the reasons for that.

In my experience, asians are more interested in the way the food is served than cramming as much of it down their throats as possible as a means to attain life fulfillment. Maybe you hang around a different asian crowd (a fatty one). Up to you as they say.

I know that fat can be an un-pc word. So let me say it again. FAT.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

asians versus the gluttons

an asian friend eats and drinks twice my amount, and he's ~125 pounds always

Liked

Healthy Asians

In my many trips to LOS, I have noted that all the fat people I see are caucasian. I see no (nearly anyway) fat Asian people. But, I read in the paper in Pattaya on my last trip that the Health Department has begun to worry because the kids are beginning to eat the Western junk food that is becoming more and more available, and they're starting to get fat, just like our kids here in the USA.

an asian friend eats and drinks twice my amount, and he's ~125 pounds always
    Is this a throw away statement, or did you actually perform some sort of test?

Longevity

Actually, with regard to caloric intake, there is some fascinating research with smaller mammals (mice / rats). If you feed them 1/3 fewer calories, their lifespan is doubled. There are also some recent studies which suggests even moderate exercise (i.e., walking) reduces the risk of heart attack. More vigorous regular exercise probably has benefit with regard to both cholesterol and reduction in risk of heart disease.

Of course, probably the most important factor for a long, healthy life is to pick the right parents (genetics plays a big role).

Cardiovasicular disease is a big killer of men. Major risk factors for cardiovascular disease include age > 40 (advancing age), high "bad" LDL cholesterol (which should be aggressively treated with statin drugs if diet fails), smoking, diabetes, high blood pressure. Each one of these factors is additive, increasing your risk. And some carry more risk than others (i.e., a diabetic is more likely to have a heart attack than someone who has already had a heart attack!). If we have any of the above, we should make sure to control/treat very well.

There are also minor risk factors, like family history of heart disease, obesity, large abdominal girth, no exercise, etc.

Also, other things like routine colorectal screening at age 50 (40 if you have a first degree relative with colorectal cancer). This may mean getting a full colonoscopy.

We all would like to think a magic pill or shot will make us live longer or healther. But the simple (but certainly not EASY) things have proven benefit: don't smoke, eat moderately to keep weight down, exercise regularly (take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk, work out at gym), and control things like cholesterol, blood sugar and high blood pressure. Often, diabetes & high blood pressure is not well controlled -- you probably should monitor on your own at home in addition to regular doctor visits. And be proactive in your own health, and read and be aware.

Liked

Fat Thais

Sorry to disagreee with those above who say they have seen hardly any fat or over weight Thais... But Have you ever been to a Thai village?

I would say the percentage of Middle-aged over weight Thai people in an issan village is about as high as the percentage of Over weight people in any european country or Australia (I'll leave the US out of this!)

However when it comes to the younger generations the Thais seem to be Skinnier/Slimmer... but give them a few years after they turn 30 and a lot but not all would be as overweight as their Western counterparts...

From my experiences anyway!
    All that Beer chang eventually catches up on people! :cry:
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Simple principle, the faster you drive your car, the sooner it will fail, right?
    A bit over simplistic, "obective". Cars are mechanincal, humans are organic.

In my experience, Asians get much more of the pleasure in their lives from food than non-Asians. There are plenty fat Thais around. You're just not looking at them. They were overfed by doting parents and probably have no prospect of a job as a pole dancer.

The Asian diet probably has a higher carbo and lower protein content than the western diet, but they sure make up with frying vis-a-vis grilling.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You are What you Eat...well sometimes!

The last place in the world I would go for health advice would be a doctor (in the West). The prescriptions they shove into the faces of their ignorant patients are as toxic (poisonous) as the food that most westerners eat, and it's making them rich.

I'm convinced that eating as much organic food as possible (easier said than done I confess), avoiding prescription and non-prescription medicines (poisons), getting a little regular exercise... including a lot of sex, and not getting stressed out about trivial shit, is the best approach to living a healthy life.

The food in Thailand is 10 times healthier than western food (IMO) due to the fact that a much higher percentage is grown and/or processed organically.

Don't drink the water and remember to brush your teeth after every blow job and you should do just fine.

mai pen rai