Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self preservation for Old Gits

Self preservation for Old Gits

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedPotato
    Considering the number of recent deaths of those that frequent this board, I'm pondering pursuing some Life Extension strategies. There is an article in the January issue of GQ about neuretics, HGH, and testosterone therapy for those men of a certain age.
    As a self-confessed 'Old Git' Im also interested in this subject!
    (Aren't we all?)
    The current issue on sale here is February
    Tried to find the article via their website but failed.
    Any links to this or similar articles welcome!

At the moment I'm just practising 'self-pickling' using alcohol. It isnt working :?

I've checked online and that particular article is evidently not available in electronic form. If I get a hard copy, I'll scan and email. The primary health facility mentioned in the article is in Las Vegas and has offices in Korea, etc.. They have more info on their website. http://www.cenegenics.com Since low dosage testosterone and HGH and other things are often not covered by insurance, seems like Thailand might be a perfect place as a low cost source. Obviously some of this stuff is used by bodybuilders in abundance...but low dosages reportedly help you lose fat, reduce cholesterol, gain muscle, reduce risks of osteoporosis and, uhm..let me think....help with your sex life.

PS Fixed the link above.

las vegas

I live in Las Vegas so if you have a physical address for the location, I can check it out for you...just pm me.

Liked

self-preservation for old gits

Before trying out any of these schemes, try a Google search on testosterone scams, etc, first, and then decide whether or not the "treatment" is worth the cost. And before you get on these firms' email lists, remember that getting off them is hard work!

Liked

Patrick Macnee and the sheep embryo treatment

Some 30 years ago, there was a anti aging treatment guru in Harley St London
    that used sheep embryos.

Patrick Macnee, star of the famous The Avengers , was one of the reported believers.

Press reports at the time stated that the treatment used all the parts of the unborn lamb
    to treat human illnesses. Liver to treat liver complaints. There was apparently no end to what illnesses could be cured by use of the lamb cells.

Several big name personalities were known to have made the trip from Australia to Harley Street for the treatment, although denying it profusely.

Several years later one of the big names admitted that he had been to London for the treatment, but gave it up as he started to feel sheepish.

It was often said in later years, that Patrick Macnee was considered somewhat of a ram!
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Personally, I have no idea how a doctor can reasonably recommend people to aim to increase their metabolism (hormonally, or via exercise). The faster your metabolism, the faster your biological aging process is operating surely? When I asked my doctor about that he looked at me like I was nuts.

Simple principle, the faster you drive your car, the sooner it will fail, right? That must be why the people who live past 100 are always so skinny and small. Sedentary life, and few calories. The problem is that western people eat food as a form of fun and entertainment, and allow it to become habit forming, and lifestyle defining.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by objective
    "... The problem is that western people eat food as a form of fun and entertainment, and allow it to become habit forming, and lifestyle defining ... "
    I just knew that I'd end agreeing with one of your theories sooner or later, Objective. (Or at least part of it ... the thoughts on "metabolism" are nonsense): " ... When I asked my doctor about that he looked at me like I was nuts... ". And rightly so!

That's 1 out of 10 (or so ... the record's not great), but it's one of my pet favourites. The USofA is going to implode with the cost of taking care of the (terrible) health of this majority (!!) over the next 20 years. (Getting out of Iraq might help the national pocket book. For a peek at how much the war is costing, click here: Oh My God! ).

Carry on . . .

Cheers
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

The USofA is going to implode with the cost of taking care of the (terrible) health of this majority
    Not to worry Smiles, those of us here in the States without money will die in the waiting room at county hospitals...those with money will have the doctors quickly purge their wallets...those with insurance will be over charged and dropped and also die in the county hospital waiting rooms.

Easy solution...

richard

There is an anti-ageing facility attached to Bumrungrad Hospital, with doctors who specialize in this relatively new field. The facility is called the Vitalife Center, and they also have weight loss programs:

www.e-vitallife.com

"...western people eat food as a form of fun and entertainment"

Eastern people do the same thing, and have done so for centuries.