Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Siem Reap October 2011

Liked: 1

Re: Siem Reap October 2011

Thank you.
    I understand.
    As I was going to Siem Reap for the first time I tried to get as much information from this board as possible. I read every posting under "Siem Reap" but I never thought of looking in the "Gallery". That is why I try to give viewers easy and immidiately acces to the pictures.
    I will keep your words in mind for my next serie.
    тАЬThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.тАЭ
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

At the country side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

More.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Liked

Nice photos.

That looks like the roof of Ei8ht Rooms in there. Is this still a good budget option?

Hi,

No flooding or water problems at all in Siem Reap (especially in the vicinity of Pub Street) and busy with large numbers of tourists from all over the World, a more detailed report later with photos for you guys!

PDR Lao tourist numbers are down due to their reliance on Thailand's transportation links but I don't mind that. They seem to be finding alternative means to get to Cambodia somehow though!
    La Linga bar doing steady trade as was Miss Wong's last night..... :occasion5:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    La Linga bar doing steady trade as was Miss Wong's last night.....
    Is the trade all friendly & generally free from troublemakers?

This time I stayed for 3 weeks and never met any "troublemakers", only smiles and friendly people. Some trying to make a living from your contribution but can you expect anything else. I always replied with some talking and a smile.
    Treat others as you want to be treatet yourself and you will have a very nice time. The khemer people are very openminded and like to talk with you if you alow them to. Most of them speak english very well and are eager to practise their skills.
    Having made many trips to Thailand I have a feeling of being more welcome among the khemer people.
    тАХ Theodore Roosevelt

Hi,

I will post a number of updates when I get chance along with photographs.

This place gets better and better every time I come here. I don't understand the comment on troublemakers as I have witnessed nothing and it's a hell of a lot safer than Pattaya!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    I don't understand the comment on troublemakers as I have witnessed nothing and it's a hell of a lot safer than Pattaya!
    On previous visits, I found the guys mostly behaved well.
    I did meet one guy in Siem Reap in Linga bar. He had a couple of beers there, then at least one at the disco & came back to my room afterwards.
    After that, he was quite aggressive & demanded $100 for services. I was expecting to make some payment, but the aggressive request for such an abnormal sum was not expected.

Someone will argue it was my fault, but I never have the problem anywhere else in Asia & actually he was the only one in Cambodia.

I've been with about 6 nice guys & 1 troublemaker. How does this compare with other peoples experiences?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Awesome photos, Janus. I had a great time in Siem Reap and remember so many of those spots well.

I agree embedding them in your posts is the way to go.