Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Interesting blog

Liked

Interesting blog

Found this interesting blog. http://www.groap.org It amused me and I thought it worth passing on. Obviously a spoof, but still might have some interesting posts in the days to come. I've subscribed to it and get a daily email from Jack

Even though I come from Sweden, I still have a sense of humour that appreciates some of the posts on it. It does appear to be directed at the American market tho

http://www.groap.org

Liked

Re: Interesting blog

Oh, you are so right Music Man. This is now such an interesting blog. The new owner is a very smart man which is obvious to everyone. In fact, I like to think of him as doing "God's work" for Pattaya and Thailand. I just can't wait to see all the new improvements he makes here. I am holding my breath in anticipation!
    I just love the name of the new format called "Absolution". It lends the appropriate reverence we all feel here now.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Rene
    Oh, you are so right Music Man. This is now such an interesting blog. The new owner is a very smart man which is obvious to everyone. In fact, I like to think of him as doing "God's work" for Pattaya and Thailand. I just can't wait to see all the new improvements he makes here. I am holding my breath in anticipation!
    I just love the name of the new format called "Absolution". It lends the appropriate reverence we all feel here now.
    Rene, I think you are confused. I'm talking about a new blog I found - http://www.groap.org. I'm sure you're talking about this board. I agree with you everything you've said. This board is now wonderful and the new improvements are very good. I'm not sure I'd go as far to say it was "God's work", but it's still refreshing.
    However the blog I'm talking about is definitely NOT God's work. It's an irreverent look at Thailand from someone who is far more clever than he is making out. I don't know if he's been to Thailand before or if this really is going to be his first time over here, but it's amusing what ever level it's read on.

Firstly, let me say I only read the front page - but I can't say I found it particularly witty, and the play on the Soi names etc is certainly not original.

The content reminded me of 1970's stand-up comedians in the UK who used to read out a "letter to mother" which was full of the same, tired, humour even then.

Worth a read, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Firstly, let me say I only read the front page - but I can't say I found it particularly witty, and the play on the Soi names etc is certainly not original.

The content reminded me of 1970's stand-up comedians in the UK who used to read out a "letter to mother" which was full of the same, tired, humour even then.

Worth a read, I guess.
    wasnt that jimmy cricket ?? not very funny at all but thats just my opinion
    as for that blog i didnt even manage to read the whole of the first page ... not sure as to where you found the wit !! is chaing mai a beach resort and pattaya hilly .. he needs some canned laughter to help me know what im sposed to laugh :violent1:

Quote Originally Posted by brithai

Worth a read, I guess.
    wasnt that jimmy cricket ?? not very funny at all but thats just my opinion
    as for that blog i didnt even manage to read the whole of the first page ... not sure as to where you found the wit !! is chaing mai a beach resort and pattaya hilly .. he needs some canned laughter to help me know what im sposed to laugh :violent1:

You got it Brithai - Jimmy Cricket and Frank Carson in that time frame.
    And they stole it from music hall comedians - so it wasn't original even then!

:occasion9:

well its true what they say * they dont make em like that anymore * fank fuk ... im glad ive still got a sense of humour .. altho the years of working me nuts off have made me a miserable old c**t.
    if i ever start to find the humour in a blog like that i will gladly allow someone to kill me.
    get a nice thai guy to sit on my face untill i stop breathing should do the job arty

...i will gladly allow someone to kill me...get a nice thai guy to sit on my face untill i stop breathing...
    Hopefully the boy will be smart enough to demand payment in advance.

...i will gladly allow someone to kill me...get a nice thai guy to sit on my face untill i stop breathing...
    Hopefully the boy will be smart enough to demand payment in advance.

he will be entitled to the contents of my pockets ... an empty sweet wrapper ... a new or used condom .. depending on the time of day ... same with regards to a packet of tissues .. and the key to the safe .. which may or may not have anything in it .. depends if its the start or end of my holiday..
    and all i hope for is that he hasnt had a curry the night before ..
    talking of which .. i was which a cute lad from the beach earlier this year and i cant remember what he said it was .. but he'd eaten something and whenever he burpped his breath absolutly stunk!!! whats that stuff called ?? who says romance is dead :evil4: