Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Are you a sexy and eligible fat cat?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Are you a sexy and eligible fat cat?

Here's another one of those shallow and overly generalised study findings to get you riled up. :rolling:

An economist from New York (of all bloody places) found women can still be turned on by fatter men if the fat is offset by wealth. I.e. The fatter you get, the more money you need to make to avoid being rendered ineligible. This is nothing new but he claims he's now found a formula for it!

Do you reckon all this applies to gay guys too?
    Is Thailand and developing countries the solution for guys who don't earn enough to offset their obesity and remain eligible in the West? :sumo:

------------------------------
    Research exclusive: why women love cashed-up fat cats

Ask most women if they find blokes with pot bellies sexy, and you answer is usually a resounding no. Unless of course the fat waistline is accompanied with a fat wallet.

A man's expanding waistline is often seen by women as a turn-off - but not if his wealth grows in proportion to his girth.

Now economics professor from Columbia University has calculated how much a man needs to earn to compensate for extra weight.

In his paper, 'Fatter Attraction: Anthropometric and Socioeconomic Matching on the Marriage Market', Columbia University economics professor Pierre-Andre Chiappori says for every 10 per cent increase in body mass index, a single man must increase his annual salary by 2 per cent if he wishes to remain attractive to women.

Under the formula, a 182cm man who weighs 79 kg and earns $101,000 a year would have to secure a pay rise of at least $2000 if his weight goes up by 8.6kg...

Read the whole thing: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher- ... 6165996326
    ------------------------------

Re: Are you a sexy and eligible fat cat?

he would need the pay rise to continue to eat like a pig to get his belly up.
    i wonder how much someone was paid to write this rubbish .. and how fat they are!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Like I said... shallow and over-generalised but it's entertaining and has some truth to it.

I mean, come on, how often do you see a hot chick with someone totally below her league (or gay male equivalent) and then learn he's loaded?

That's not to say all women or gay guys would compromise biological attraction for wealth. I could never do that... too fussy about who I sleep with.

I read elsewhere that when it comes to men seeking women, it's their woman's intelligence that offsets her looks, not wealth as it is with women seeking men. I.e. Men will remain attracted to a less good looking woman if she is smarter.

So... who reckons this "offsetting" thing applies to gay relationships too? Is wealth or intelligence more likely offsets looks when it comes to gay couples?
    :occasion9:

isnt it just the fact that money equels power .. depending on how much you have of course
    and most people with plenty of money also have high power jobs .. so its a case of money and power rather than how fat they are .. im sure if a woman was with a 20 stone man who earnt 2 million pounds a year would still be with him if he went upto 21 stone and still earnt the same amount .. its the same as age i guess .. and we all know about that !!