Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luggage Topic

Re: Luggage Topic

bucknay is this what happened to you ????
    [youtube:2klwcv2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OISGykO6Z7U[/youtube:2klwcv2c]

not sure you will understand it all tho

Liked

If in USA try Costco. Heys luggage 2 and 4 piece sets about $100 USD. Very light weight, hard shell. Google Costco.

Liked

You gets what you pays for applies 100% to luggage. Inexpensive is really cheap shit. I have one Briggs and Reilly that I have had for years. It's been repaired twice for free by Briggs and Reilly.

Brithai,

Brilliant video buddy!

I bought new luggage a two piece canvas soft set advertised as the lightest in the World and I went to look at what make it was to assist with this thread.

I think my brand make is called ' security checked ' as that's what it says on the side!...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk
    You gets what you pays for applies 100% to luggage. Inexpensive is really cheap shit. I have one Briggs and Reilly that I have had for years. It's been repaired twice for free by Briggs and Reilly.
    You had the Briggs and Reilly for years but it broke twice. That doesn't sound like very high quality to me. And if you have to go back to America to get the "free" repairs done then that presents a big problem for people who rarely go home such as myself. Does Briggs and Reilly pay for shipping to and from Thailand for their "free" repairs? And even if they do, you have downtime where you don't have your luggage. I'd rather go with real quality that doesn't break in the first place. I and several of my friends have bags that have been in rugged use for years without any failures.

I just did a quick search on the Briggs and Reilly line. I don't see any hardsided luggage in their offerings. That's bad for anything but carry-on for security reasons. Every time I have ever heard of someone having had something stolen from their checked luggage, it has been from softsided gear.

Hi,

Before the flamers start I was kidding.................The make is SUB-0-G

:laughing3:

OK OK we all get it.

If you pay $1000 for a suitcase it will probably last longer than a $20 suitcase - but it will be battered and bashed after years of use and you can ship it to America (or wherever) every so often for FREE repairs.

So the real question is - pay $20 every year for a brand new case (which will last 1 longhaul trip) or pay 50 times that amount for something that you can have repaired every so often and which will end up looking as crumpled as Columbo's raincoat?

We can all work this out for ourselves.

Are you having a bad hair day Scotty, you seem to be getting rather carried away over such an irrelevant thing as a suitcase?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    which will end up looking as crumpled as Columbo's raincoat?

We can all work this out for ourselves.
    However the battered crumpled case like so many people is easy to spot at an airport.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

We love Scottish and his eccentric, neurotic piss takes... :rolling:

Quote Originally Posted by combat
    I have two Samsonites one fabric and the other hard-shell. As with all suitcases they take a bit of a hammering from baggage handlers, but Samsonite know this and put a lot into their product designs. Overall the hard-shell case has lasted a good twenty years or so, and has clocked up a lot of miles, but using this type one needs to remember that it weighs in at a few kilos more than the cheaper models or the fabric types. All in all you get what you pay for.
    A lot of my mates who also travel heavily use Samsonite too, but only the fabric models. One thing, which surprised me is it looks like the latest Samsonite hard cases can actually be lighter than the fabric ones. I'm looking at the Cosmolite and it's only 2.2kgs! http://www.samsoniteaustralia.com/hardluggage01.html

I also notice Crumpler, an awesome brand, started making travel suitcases: http://www.crumpler.com/AU/

My current suitcase is a cheap no-name thing. Sheer luck it's lasted me this long. There's bits missing but all the important parts (handles and wheels) are still fine.
    Time to get me something decent! :drv: