Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Need advice about Cebu

Liked

Need advice about Cebu

I am considering going to live in Cebu but first i will take a trip there to see what its like. Can anyone who lives in Cebu or has visited the place recently give me some advice about the place?

Such as visa requirements for retirement; prices generally; best area to live and for rental; supermarkets; medical facilities; beaches; the gay scene; the weather and so on.

I understand that as a retiree living there permenantly any income received from abroad is not subject to any phillipine taxes, is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Liked

Re: Need advice about Cebu

Why don't you just bookmark Utopia Asia and research your questions there? The Philippines is one of the few places where you can buy permanent residence and there's this wonderful invention called Google that will help you find out these answers. Let me Google that for you!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    Why don't you just bookmark Utopia Asia and research your questions there? The Philippines is one of the few places where you can buy permanent residence and there's this wonderful invention called Google that will help you find out these answers. Let me Google that for you!

Thongar: your post is less than useful and more like useless. Same goes for Utopia. Of course I know how to google. The point is I want someone who is there now or who has been there recently who can give me information relating to local conditions etc which like anywhere else in the world can change quickly . Much of the stuff on google is way out of date.

Your copied sarcastic remark about google is, with respect, most unhelpful, so kindly do not post on this my thread anymore.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by homeseeker
    ...so kindly do not post on this my thread anymore.
    Threads do not belong to anyone including the OP. If you wish to ignore responses I suggest you find out how to use the Friend or Foe categorisation and then you won't have to read anything from an "unhelpful" poster ever again.

Liked

I am considering going to live in Cebu but first i will take a trip there to see what its like. Can anyone who lives in Cebu or has visited the place recently give me some advice about the place?
    I have not been to Cebu for ten years, so my information is out of date. However, here is a great magazine and two web sites with gay information. One thing that has not changed in ten years is that you must be very careful in the PI. Many boys are schemers and you need to watch out for rackets. It is not unusual for a whole team to try and target you for some scheme to get money. I would really recommend you not buy anything for one year, but rent and make sure you want to be there. Cebu is beautiful and language is no problem. Cebu was controlled by the Brits for some period of time and has a lot to offer. However, be cautious and not in any hurry to settle permanently.

http://discreetmagazine.blogspot.com/20 ... -cebu.html
    http://www.gaygetter.com/g4/g/cebu/bars
    http://www.stickyrice.ws/?view=director ... place=Cebu

Liked

Such as visa requirements for retirement; prices generally; best area to live and for rental; supermarkets; medical facilities; beaches; the gay scene; the weather and so on.

I understand that as a retiree living there permenantly any income received from abroad is not subject to any phillipine taxes, is that correct?

I have visited Cebu once with my ex Phil boyfriend ---there is a quiet big gay scene there ,but mostly confined to the internet ,gay romeo,grindr etc
    Main gay area is at Mango Square --there is one full gay club there (name escapes me ,but il get for you ) and the other clubs at mango are mixed
    I only ever stayed in Lapu Lapu so cant comment directly on the city of cebu itself ,but has lots of modern malls etc
    The beaches on Lapu Lapu are beautiful ,and loads of islands a small boat trip away --Bohal is one where we stayed a weekend,on the beach,miles of desertred beaches ,hammocks strung the coconut trees ---heaven !!!!!!!1
    One thing i have noticed about is that there is an abundance of gay/bi guys everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thongar: your post is less than useful and more like useless...
    Just ignore Thonglor55. He's fucking moron... Your OP asking for specific first-hand advice was perfectly reasonable.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Thongar: your post is less than useful and more like useless...
    Just ignore Thonglor55. He's fucking moron... Your OP asking for specific first-hand advice was perfectly reasonable.

Yes thank you Beachlover: I agree with what you say; this forum attracts its fair share of losers, thats for sure!

At least Martin and Khor tose have posted sensibly and helpfully so I am grateful to them.

Liked

I once found a very accommodating non-money boy in Robinson's. He follwed me around while I shopped, and then introduced himself in the restaurant. Didn't want a peso, either.

-Hi, I am quite amazed about your concern regarding that you wanted to visit Cebu I am already staying here in Cebu for good and all i can say is that this is the perfect place for those people who wanted a pleasure and leisure excitement aside in Manila, because it has everything you wanted for in life such as Shopping Malls, Land marks, tourists attractions, and so on and so forth! But regarding your concern what will be the visa requirements for retirement you may log on http://www.dfa.gov.ph or DFA it self on Google the answers where there. Regarding with the place you wanted to live it depends upon your needs if you wanted to be in the heart of city, nearby the malls, restuarants etc, theres so many condominium and suites you can rent and lease, but the prices here is good though a tough high but if you really wanted to feel comfortable and safe so no worries for you.

I understand that as a retiree living there permenantly any income received from abroad is not subject to any phillipine taxes, is that correct?- Yes!