Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's for dinner?

Liked

Re: What's for dinner?

I was yakking with Khun Suphot (Smile's better half) one day and asked him if he ever ate dog meat. He said only once and that it wasn't intentional (his friends were having a barbeque, he specifically asked them if it was dog as he didn't want to eat any of that, they told him it wasn't, he tried a little, and then he barfed it up when his friends laughed and told him it was dogmeat).

Anyway, I understood from Pot that very few people in his home area (Surin Province) ever ate dog. I asked him if people that actually ate dog would even eat their own friggin' pets. He said "heck no" or words to that effect. "Well, then, what dogs do they eat?" I inquired. Pot answered: "Well, if they don't like their neighbor and the neighbor is away in town, they might eat the neighbor's dog!" Still funny as hell to me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

couple years ago a magazine there had a layout picture
    of 4 freshly killed field mice- unskinned.
    intended to be cooked and served with rice.
    YUM

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Piss off. I hate kimchi and I have never eaten dog meat while sober...
    Perhaps Beachbore is one of those "half decaf half regular skinny soy latte" types.

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Piss off. I hate kimchi and I have never eaten dog meat while sober...
    Perhaps Beachbore is one of those "half decaf half regular skinny soy latte" types.
    Only Pansies drink coffee in any form.

Good strong TEA is the drink for real men (like me)

:occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Only Pansies drink coffee in any form.
    I'm a happy pansy then......
    I long for much. I ask for little. I expect nothing. (Tasso - 1544 - 1595)

Liked

And look at what just showed up in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... scued.html

1000+ dogs being sold from Nathom and Si Songkhram districts up to Vietnam for consumption. heh, anytime Kim gets pissed off at our dog he always issues the threat, "You want to goto Nakhom Si Songkhram?!?!?".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bao-bao
    Interesting pictures, though. I don't have a guess as to where they were.
    It was a remote area in Vietnam... I wonder if the dog was exported from Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I asked him if people that actually ate dog would even eat their own friggin' pets. He said "heck no" or words to that effect. "Well, then, what dogs do they eat?" I inquired. Pot answered: "Well, if they don't like their neighbor and the neighbor is away in town, they might eat the neighbor's dog!" Still funny as hell to me.
    When I did a week staying with hill tribes in the remote North of Thailand, they said they tend to eat dogs, which are naughty or being a nuisance. If the neighbour's dog is harassing their chickens, they give it a couple of chances to behave before it gets BBQ'd.

My guide lives in one of the villages we slept in. He said when he leaves home, his farewell to neighbours is "don't eat my dogs" but they still do...

Remember these dogs aren't the nice, healthy, fluffy puppies we're used to. They're scrappy animals given a few scraps of food each day... no grooming or vet care.

Above: I slept in the open that night so I was actually glad one of these dogs decided to sleep at my feet to fend of snakes and other creepy crawlies.

Above: Probably less meat than a chicken on this one... it was in one of the more barren and depressing-looking villages we walked into.