Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iraqi police 'killed 14-year-old boy for being homosexual'

The attractions of Islam

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I have however recently been attracted to the Muslim faith, and personally I find in it a lot that is extraordinarily meaningful
    Many people who have examined its basic tenets closely (ie. as expressed in the Koran) have described it as "ethically challenged". The title of this thread sums up the general confusion about the real issue. The boy was not killed for "being homosexual" but for "engaging in homosexual acts". It's rather like those Forum members who claim to be Christian but are still sexually promiscuous

[Many people who have examined its basic tenets closely (ie. as expressed in the Koran) have described it as "ethically challenged"] homintern.

It would help tremendously if you would name one of the "many" authorities on the Koran, who's logic you describe,and who could be followed up closely. If you were looking for "ethically challenged" look no further than the old testament.

If it's one thing I have learnt it is not to get embroiled in religeous debate with any-one other than ones soul. Listening and reading, at least that is enough for me.

Ah yes

If it's one thing I have learnt it is not to get embroiled in religeous debate with any-one other than ones soul. At least that is enough for me.
    Really? So there's no such thing as beliefs in common (ie. the general definition of a religion). It's all DYI?

However, http://www.apostatesofislam.com is as good a place to start as any

Sorry homi i edited a second ago, just before your last comment. Of course there is. My point is more around the lines of, keep your mouth shut unless you know what you are speaking about.

So wise ...

... and yet so young
    keep your mouth shut unless you know what you are speaking about

Any Bushites?

Iraqi police 'killed 14-year-old boy for being homosexual'

US Forces kill Iraqi's for being Iraqi!

Hmm Fatman I am in love with your avitar.