Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australia: Gay government minister to have a baby

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Australia: Gay government minister to have a baby

Australian Federal Government Finance Minister, Penny Wong, who is openly gay is having a baby with her partner... I think this is pretty cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Penny Wong and gay partner expecting baby
    August 9, 2011 - 1:02PM

Federal Finance Minister Penny Wong and her gay partner are having a baby.

The senator released a statement today revealing her long-term partner Sophie Allouache was expected to give birth in December after falling pregnant through IVF.
    "Like any expecting parents, the prospect of welcoming this child into our lives fills us both with joy," Senator Wong said.

"We are extremely grateful to our IVF service and staff, and to our donor, for giving us the opportunity to raise a child together."

The couple know the biological father who will be known to the child...

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/penny-wo ... 1ijzh.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liked

Re: Australia: Gay government minister to have a baby

So can we assume that she's out of the closet, unlike that other gay Asian Australian ... um, er ... Beachlover?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Australian Federal Government Finance Minister, Penny Wong, who is openly gay is having a partner with her partner...
    So as well as having a baby they are into threesomes?
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple. Lesbians are way ahead of gay men in Australia. Hence why I often see lesbian couples kissing on public transport whereas I have never seen a gay male couple do the same here as to do so could potentially be suicide.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brisboy82
    It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple.
    A pregnant gay man would certainly be a newsworthy story. However I've always thought that homosexuality was God's way of ensuring that really intelligent people aren't burdened with children, so there are all sorts of inferences that can be made about this story, including the most obvious one that lesbians aren't particularly intelligent.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple.
    A pregnant gay man would certainly be a newsworthy story. However I've always thought that homosexuality was God's way of ensuring that really intelligent people aren't burdened with children, so there are all sorts of inferences that can be made about this story, including the most obvious one that lesbians aren't particularly intelligent.
    Well when you put it that way...

Liked

I read that they are pillars of their local (mainstream) church so I think we can assume that they're not that intelligent. It's depressing that so many gay people want nothing more than to conform to the boring nuclear family stereotype, awake at 4am only because they're worried about the mortgage rather than just having arrived home from dancing in an assless pair of leather trousers.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    I read that they are pillars of their local (mainstream) church so I think we can assume that they're not that intelligent. It's depressing that so many gay people want nothing more than to conform to the boring nuclear family stereotype, awake at 4am only because they're worried about the mortgage rather than just having arrived home from dancing in an assless pair of leather trousers.
    Indeed it's very disturbing to see gay couples trying to prove how 'normal' they are by trying to conform to hetero couple lifestyles. It's bad enough when straight people do it! We should all rise above that 1950s bullshit.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple. Lesbians are way ahead of gay men in Australia. Hence why I often see lesbian couples kissing on public transport whereas I have never seen a gay male couple do the same here as to do so could potentially be suicide.
    I don't know. But I'm really curious what the reaction would be if it was a gay male couple.

Indeed it's very disturbing to see gay couples trying to prove how 'normal' they are by trying to conform to hetero couple lifestyles. It's bad enough when straight people do it! We should all rise above that 1950s bullshit.
    Interesting comment... Personally, I don't think gay couples who settle down and have kids are doing it to conform. I think they're doing it because there's a natural desire to do that. I know that's why I'll be doing it... I want to have a family and have kids. It's a natural part of our life cycle and gives more meaning to life.

One half of me is doing all this partying and have fun sleeping around now. The other half of me wants to settle down in a loving relationship with someone really special and build a future together. I think what happens is the first half will eventually be satisfied and the latter half will take over. :happy7:

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    Australian Federal Government Finance Minister, Penny Wong, who is openly gay is having a partner with her partner...
    So as well as having a baby they are into threesomes?
    Heh... yeah, thanks for the catch. Corrected now.

Liked

But I'm really curious what the reaction would be if it was a gay male couple.
    Not so curious that he's prepared to come out of his own closet, apparently. And what's this? Having kids is "natural" and that's what he wants to do? With a woman? Or with a man? He's one sick little boy, our Beachlover.