Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will I ever see Thailand again?

Will I ever see Thailand again?

I think we're f*cked. America has just lost its AAA credit rating. I am still out of a full time job. I don't think I will ever be back in Thailand. I wonder how many other posters are in the same boat?

Liked

Re: Will I ever see Thailand again?

Immigrate to Mexico, and get a better job.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties in the States...

If you're a professional, move to Asia and offer your services somewhere with good rates and in need of talent. Say, Singapore or Hong Kong. Or move to Australia even. I don't see many people out of work here.

I realised that ironically, I made more overseas trips during the GFC year than I did in any other year. Mainly because for a large part of that year, there was f*ck all work to do here other than endlessly pitching for clients who had no money to spend. Not to mention dozens of competitors desperately lining up to offer their services at a discount.

God, I hope to f*ck that doesn't happen again...

Worked as a banker in Singapore for a number of years - do you think that will help?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It might. What area of banking?

Private banking is expanding rapidly Hong Kong and Singapore. You might find this interesting: http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/New ... emId-29666

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    I think we're f*cked. America has just lost its AAA credit rating. I am still out of a full time job. I don't think I will ever be back in Thailand. I wonder how many other posters are in the same boat?
    No! No! No! Curious, don't you remember what today is? You are about to be saved if you listen up.
    Curious, you are in luck! Today is August 6th and it is about 7:00AM in Texas. Your Governor Rick Perry will host a rally of prayer and fasting for a тАЬnation in crisis.тАЭ Today! Perry has asked all the other 49 governors to join in and you should too. This is your answer. God will hear you and you will be saved! Listen to your leader!

Just pray to God to fix the economy so you can come back to Thailand.

[attachment=1:eur67k7q]Rick Perry to God.jpg[/attachment:eur67k7q] [attachment=0:eur67k7q]Gov. Perry prays to God.jpg[/attachment:eur67k7q]

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    It might. What area of banking?

Private banking is expanding rapidly Hong Kong and Singapore. You might find this interesting: http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/New ... emId-29666
    Private banking. I've tried. They only want Asians.

Liked

I just hope that the Baht will not go lower than 29 per US Dollar before I can get my holiday in.
    These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

At least you're accustomed to the Texas heat.
    Might be interesting reading on your reactions to being back.
    Will the Texas locals ever be the same?

Liked

Curious,
    I am sure your prayers have been answered. The PRAYERAPALOOZA led by your governor in Texas has ended after 7 hours of prayers for your job prospects. I think you are going to get a great job as the chief executive of enforcing the removal of impoverished families from their foreclosed homes, and as the executive in charge of inflating banks assets. You will have you own personal "robo signer".

Here are some great photo's. Are you in one of them Curious? Pray tell.

[attachment=4:3cof4dax]Gov. Perry prays for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=3:3cof4dax]Thai mother prays for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=2:3cof4dax]Young boys pray for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=1:3cof4dax]Bankers pray for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=0:3cof4dax]Reverend Corda prays for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax]