Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet!

Liked

All quiet!

For those who might be wondering how busy Bangkok is these days (and rest assured Pattaya will be quieter), the answer is "very quiet". As the rainy season becomes more entrenched there's less going on out of doors and less going out generally. I think a good indicator is to compare two quite different Forums. This one has days where there are a handful of posts added to the same half-a-dozen topics. The usual suspects will say that that's a symptom of the free-wheeling nature of the Board, where newbies are often frightened away by the somewhat robust discussion - not to mention bullying (where is Beachlover these days by the way?) - but those arguments are advanced with little to no evidence to back them up apart from a lack of new posters. However a completely different Board - the Thailand Forum on Cruising for Sex - is heavily moderated. One or two posters from here (x in pattaya, for example) have been severely censored over there for off-topic remarks and the sort of ad hominem attacks that are commonplace here so, if the "people don't post here because the nature of the Board discourages them" brigade want to argue a heavily moderated Forum attracts posters, they'd have to explain why CfS is as quiet at this time of the year as SGT. Right now there are two threads where the latest posts are yesterday, one from the day before that (which happens to be gregvc from here posting the same question over there, to which there is one reply) and the others are nearly a week old.

If posting activity is an indicator of other activity, then Bangkok is very quiet indeed. As I am driven about, waving at the poor people from behind the tinted windows of my limo, I'd have to say that that is true.

Re: All quiet!

I simply don't understand why you have to go out at all and risk breathing the same air as the plebeians - how positively common!
    I just have everything and everybody brought to me

:occasion9:

When it's summertime in europe and the US, and pissing down in Thailand, its not surprising if things are a bit quiet!

It's about this time when the exertions of my last winter 'rutting season' have worn off, yet the next one seems an age away..

..and i'm not sure if my whistlestop visit en route to China in a couple of weeks will leave me sated - or just frustrated..!

Oh well..

Liked

The place may be dead. But there are plenty out there for the picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Marigar
    The place may be dead. But there are plenty out there for the picking.

The crows and vultures will be glad to hear that.

:rolling:

Pattaya expat community has continued to grow over the past several years. It is a good thing or there would be NO ONE in the gay bars and many restaurants.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thonglor55
    " ... (where is Beachlover these days by the way?) ... "
    Great minds think . . . :glasses7:
    I was going to post that very question the other day ... not having seen hide nor hair of the dear chappy in some time: ("some time missing" in Beach Lover Speak is 3 or 4 minutes, whereas the same measurement for normal human beings would be 2 months or so.)

I feared however starting up again the Pro-BL and the anti-BL Doha Debates all over again. But now that you've posed the question: where in christ is Beach Lover? Perhaps picked up a nasty STD in Singapore? (Or are all STD's banned in Singapore, along with chewing gum and annoying petitions?)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Pattaya Male
    Pattaya expat community has continued to grow over the past several years. It is a good thing or there would be NO ONE in the gay bars and many restaurants.

See previous comment

:sign5:

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    But now that you've posed the question: where in christ is Beach Lover?
    LMTU thinks I am he, he is me Smiles......No wait a minute, since when was LMTU gifted with the ability to think?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Pattaya Male
    I am sorry but I respectfully have to disagree.
    There is a very big Thai gay market out there !

Yes, they have less to spend at the moment as their business are also quiet but they are still here and they are still spending .
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.