Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting a haircut in Thailand: where do you go and how much

Liked

Re: Getting a haircut in Thailand: where do you go and how m

I used to use Pong, the queen from near Tukcom who moved down Pattaya Tai north side further than Friendship. He used to charge 60 then raised to 80. OK for the price but the guy started to get on my nerves.
    My current cutter is in the building with KIss restaurant, 2nd road, corner of Pattaya North. There's a salon further down facing 2nd road. One lady is always there at night and they are open till 10. She's not the cheapest, 200 baht, and her English isn't as good as she thinks it is, so don't count on communicating well. However she will do something I value. If you ask her to she will cut your hair as she thinks is best based on the shape of your face, and you can also of course try to communicate general length. If you don't love that the first time, you then tell her what you want to change next time. Eventually you will probably like what she did (maybe 3 or 4 times max). Then tell her, and she will take a picture of you with your name, and the next time, after she looks at the picture she is amazingly good at replicating the look you like. That's better service than I ever got in the US. Cost is 200 includes shampoo/blowdry and half arsed head massage. She's also good at pedicures. She's not for everyone. For people who know exactly what you want, she probably will never really understand you. I agree that finding a decent haircut can be a challenge in Thailand. But it was also a challenge for me in the US.
    Cunt Pride!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    I want it quick, simple and cheap. Getting a haircut is a chore I have to go through a few times a year. I even thought about shaving my head (maybe twice a year), would save some time and money compared to going to a hairdresser. Live is not just: Now I have plenty of hair, and when I get older it will probably fall out. Why is hair so unevenly distributed over life?
    Come on dude! Your hair cut plays a significant role in your appearance. Have a little pride in yourself.

I get accused of being "too straight" (i.e. I don't fuss over my appearance obsessively enough) by gay guys sometimes. But even I believe a decent hair cut's important!
    But you! You're just a freaking robot! :hello1:

You need to kick the right side of your brain into action!

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    I bet this is how the Christianpfc hair-cutting routine goes...

... Christianpfc asks for the "cuttings" to take away with him.
    That's hilarious! :rolling:

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    their best stylist left and set up his own business nearby. So I followed him and now get my hair cut at Up2 Salon on 2nd floor of the Charn Issara building on Rama 4 near the corner of Surawong Rd. Smaller shop than Cuties but all the services you mention are available and at a cheaper price: haircut, styling, shampoo, colour, manicure, pedicure, foot massage, waxing etc.

http://www.uptoyouandsalon.com/
    Ah, thanks for that tip, Roger.

Liked

Problem solved, I just got into the first barber shop I could find next to my hotel (Silom Soi 22/1) and got a haircut for 130 Baht. This is my cheapest haircut ever, however there is room for improvement. I saw prices of 70 or 80 Baht elsewhere.

Beachy, I don't know which kind of hairdo would fit me best, so I just get a short cut (to maximise the time between two visits to a hairdresser, currently about 3 months).

Problem solved, I just got into the first barber shop I could find next to my hotel (Silom Soi 22/1) and got a haircut for 130 Baht. This is my cheapest haircut ever, however there is room for improvement. I saw prices of 70 or 80 Baht elsewhere.
    Are you sure you don't want to nip out immediately and buy a wig - just so you can then go into one of those other shops and experience a 70B haircut?

:occasion9:

Obviously you are past caring about the way your hair is cut so I am sure a bar-boy will do it for you if you give him a razor and a pair of scissors..

I have this mind's eye picture of a would be traveller rushing to get on line to find out where the cheapest haircut is to be found after flying all the way to Thailand. Still it takes all sorts!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Scottish, your wig idea is thoughtful but not thoughtful enough. For Christian it would just be an "unnecessary cost". Especially since it probably wouldn't matter to him how hideous a haircut turned out. :rolling:

I don't know which kind of hairdo would fit me best...
    That's what a good hairdresser is for...

You don't know, which insurance policy, legal strategy or electrical system would fit best so you seek out good professionals right?

Try it once. Go to a high-end hairdresser and get a feel for what they offer. Same applies to hotels, food, drinks, clothes and everything else you buy. No guarantee you'll walk out feeling that it's made a worthwhile difference but it's always worth trying. Otherwise you don't know what you don't know...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The big debate here (for me) is where do you get a good hair cut for what you pay????????
    Many "salons" or shops in Pattaya and BKK charge 250-300 baht and in my opinion, the cuts are average --not the best.
    I live in Pattaya and I hear that there are a couple shops in South Pattaya (near Day Night hotel) where the hair cuts are above the norm and the charge is only around 80-100 baht. But it is too far for me.

When in Bangkok, I faithfully go to a "BARBERSHOP" that is along Silom, about 5 shops down from Silom Shopping Center (going toward Dusit Hotel). Near the Saledang Skytrain Station.(I think the shop would be directly across the street from Burger King near "soi DJ". The shop is upstairs across from an internet shop that is also upstairs. The steps are rather steep, but the 3 guys there are use to a gay crowd ( a couple of them are gay) and they do a super job for only 150 baht. After the haircut/style, they then get the razor out and trim around ones ear and neck which I never get at the "hair salons" in the shopping centers. :hello1: