Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a haircut in Thailand: where do you go and how much

Re: Getting a haircut in Thailand: where do you go and how m

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySee
    Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    What is the price for a haircut at simple shops and are they prepared for Farang? I have strong, curly brown hair and don't speak much Thai, do you think there will be any problems?
    If you are in Pattaya, I like Jaeb barber shop. It is on Soi 17 just up from Soi Hollywood. There are also several barber shops on Soi Hollywood between Soi 17 and Pattaya South road. Jaeb charges falang's 80 baht. The barber I use speaks English and does a very good job.
    I agree that Jaeb Barber shop is good. I also go there. Make sure you look for the sign Jaeb as there is a shop just a few doors down that says Mr. Barber. The shops look similar.

Liked

You really cant be serious...

Liked

Modern hair salon - where a lot of the boys will go for their haircuts or hairstyles - will not do farang hair - so don't go there!
    (Its on Soi 17 - near entrance to Soi Day night)

Maybe if you are in the company of a thaiboy they will do it - but i have seen them turn away many farang over the years...

Kid's Salon- across from La Cage in Sunnee will do farang hair... if your hair is suitable - he might even give you a gogo boy hair style!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Kid's Salon- across from La Cage in Sunnee will do farang hair
    He is VERY expensive I dont think christian could afford him!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    2. Once the tonsorial trim has taken place, Christianpfc asks for the "cuttings" to take away with him.

3. On arriving home he stores them in an airtight plastic pag, sealed and labelled with date, time, name, location, and photo of barber shop.

4. The individual plastic bag of hair cuttings is filed and cross-indexed for future reference
    This is the same joke as "do you store your pee in jars", right? Unfortunately, I still don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    I guess you mean "Getting a haircut in Thailand" you mean in Pattaya?
    I should have been more specific: I meant in Bangkok.

but I am talking about a professional stylist along with shampoo & conditioner.
    I want it quick, simple and cheap. Getting a haircut is a chore I have to go through a few times a year. I even thought about shaving my head (maybe twice a year), would save some time and money compared to going to a hairdresser. Live is not just: Now I have plenty of hair, and when I get older it will probably fall out. Why is hair so unevenly distributed over life?

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    but if you have to ask how much for a haircut, you really should not be here.
    Just out of sport I will see if I can get the cheapest haircut of my life. Yes, saving money is a sport for me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

I guess you mean "Getting a haircut in Thailand" you mean in Pattaya?

but I am talking about a professional stylist along with shampoo & conditioner.
    I want it quick, simple and cheap. Getting a haircut is a chore I have to go through a few times a year. I even thought about shaving my head (maybe twice a year), would save some time and money compared to going to a hairdresser. Live is not just: Now I have plenty of hair, and when I get older it will probably fall out. Why is hair so unevenly distributed over life?
    The hairdresser where I go is for my partner who has great hair (non Thai) and I have none (as the earlier photo shows) BUT, I have my feet done or more precisely foot done, as I only have one leg and a manicure while he is having his shampoo and cut and style. The place ... wait for it ... is called Cutey & Beauty, yikes! No really. I have told one of the owners that the name really has to change if you want to attract more farang.

http://www.cuteyandbeauty.com/contact.htm

Go on treat yourself.

Cheers
    krobbie

Liked

Just ask for a SkinHead cut, easy to do, easy to keep and cheap.

In year's past, I have used a small barber shop close to the Pinnacle Hotel (just a few doors from the Pinnacle towards Rama IV). Can't remember the exact price but it was very reasonable. The guy did a good job for me.

I use the katoey, Barbers, nearly opposit Future Boys there is a katoi's in there very good 150 baht.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

geiz ist geil, jah, oder, und man braucht nur ganz wenig vernunft (kommt schon mit ''mehr haare als verstand'') dies zu bedenken:
    This is just simple str8forward thinking: ANY area that has lots of farang-in big city BKK-will be used to the idiosincrasies of farang. I pay mostly 60 or 70 bt for a good cut (if I hit my favorite and I suspect gay barber, I also get my ears all trimmed, a good strong shoulder massage and maybe some slight whisper from him-all included)-rates are always posted outside and in english on those shops, the lowest price is for ''dek'' or ''naak rian''=kids/schoolstudents. The overwell known bekpekker (rucksackler) area around Khao sarn/banglamphu has dozens. They never cheat on price. In the Silom area you pay farang extra pricing. Siam area is hi-so ueberhip Thai fashion/fesjun, with corresponding pricing. Plus disdained looks if you are not after the latest uebertendy new line in fe-sjun.
    ANYthing mainly involving labour=arbeit cost is extremely cheap in Thaild-reflecting the hourly price of labour (30 bt or so). That means also clothes repair, shoerepair, dentist, massage etc.