Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a haircut in Thailand: where do you go and how much

Liked

Getting a haircut in Thailand: where do you go and how much

I'm due for a haircut, and as I will come to Thailand for holiday soon I thought I might save some Euros by getting it in Thailand. However when I was in Thailand over the winter I got haircuts for about 150 Baht, which is probably much more than Thais spend (unless they are moneyboys and have fancy hairdos). This was in shops that were equipped like in Europe and the hairdresser spoke English.

What is the price for a haircut at simple shops and are they prepared for Farang? I have strong, curly brown hair and don't speak much Thai, do you think there will be any problems?

(It's not that I can't afford a haircut in Europe, but I'm curious if the amount my mother spends per year - she goes more often to the hairdresser and it is much more expensive - would be enough to get haircuts for me in Thailand for my entire life.)

Re: Getting a haircut in Thailand: where do you go and how m

If you are asking about the cost of a haircut in Thailand I really think you should sit back and seriously think about whether you are adult enough to travel all on your own christianpfc...

I bet this is how the Christianpfc hair-cutting routine goes:

1. A shortlist of hairdressers is carefully selected for location and price (gleaned from daft SGT members) - and a favoured coiffeur chosen.

2. Once the tonsorial trim has taken place, Christianpfc asks for the "cuttings" to take away with him.

3. On arriving home he stores them in an airtight plastic pag, sealed and labelled with date, time, name, location, and photo of barber shop.

4. The individual plastic bag of hair cuttings is filed and cross-indexed for future reference

:rolling:

Before that Scotty he probably has to call mummy to see if the price for the haircut is acceptable,,,

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My suggestion would be to look for a busy shop and check the haircuts on a couple of the guys coming out of it. If they look acceptable, go in and try it. You can pantomime what you want done (i.e. showing a measurement with your thumb and forefinger and pointing to the top or sides of your head) and then just go with the flow. The worst that can happen is you'd need to have it cut again much shorter - and that's not such a bad idea in a warm tropical spot. I usually pay 50 or 60 baht, myself. Add a shave and you're closer to 100.

Be aware that sanitizing may not be what you'd want for a razor on your face that might nick you, but they've always changed blades before they've shaved me... not sure if it was a new one put on, though. :blackeye:

It's worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    What is the price for a haircut at simple shops and are they prepared for Farang? I have strong, curly brown hair and don't speak much Thai, do you think there will be any problems?
    If you are in Pattaya, I like Jaeb barber shop. It is on Soi 17 just up from Soi Hollywood. There are also several barber shops on Soi Hollywood between Soi 17 and Pattaya South road. Jaeb charges falang's 80 baht. The barber I use speaks English and does a very good job.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    (It's not that I can't afford a haircut in Europe, but I'm curious if the amount my mother spends per year - she goes more often to the hairdresser and it is much more expensive - would be enough to get haircuts for me in Thailand for my entire life.)
    Your mother is your role model? Oh well, I guess you're living proof that she was once fucked by a man, so it must run in the family. However if you want a cheap haircut, there's a booth off BTS Sala Daeng as you walk into Thaniya that does them for 100 baht.

Liked

In Pattaya pay 50-60 baht near Tukcom and in BKK mostly 250 baht.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

I really like the people just inside Villa Market. Soi 2 next to McDonalds and near the back of the parking lot. Good, quick and no complaints. 199 baht.
    but if you have to ask how much for a haircut, you really should not be here.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

I guess you mean "Getting a haircut in Thailand" you mean in Pattaya?

No idea, but a decent haircut is about 250 baht in Bangkok. I am sure you can get one for 100 baht from a barber in a shop house, but I am talking about a professional stylist along with shampoo & conditioner.

As you can see by my photo they do a wonderful job?

[attachment=0:2gp8yhrg]JimT's_July_2011.jpg[/attachment:2gp8yhrg]

Cheers
    krobbie
    Attached Images Attached Images