Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Come to Cambodia

Re: Come to Cambodia

Hi,

I will be busy checking out a 36 room hotel in SR for sale and looking at other stuff this next couple of weeks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Hi,

I will be busy checking out a 36 room hotel in SR for sale and looking at other stuff this next couple of weeks
    I'm quite curious about se Asian real estate. Can a foreigner own a hotel and the land ot sits on in Cambodia? How does one go about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Brisboy82
    Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Hi,

I'm quite curious about se Asian real estate. Can a foreigner own a hotel and the land ot sits on in Cambodia? How does one go about this?

Hi,

They differ in Asian countries is the correct answer. You can actually own land in Cambodia by obtaining Cambodian citizenship. There are other ways such as the 49% stakeholding as in Thailand and also very very long leases which Cambodia allows at this stage.

Cambodia will be my preferred choice as doing business is far easier than Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This sounds like the beginnings of a very interesting saga, Kevin - hope you'll share what you can, when you can. I'm looking forward to going along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by bao-bao
    This sounds like the beginnings of a very interesting saga, Kevin - hope you'll share what you can, when you can. I'm looking forward to going along for the ride!

Hi,

No problem at all, I'll let everyone know as I find out anything.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Why ever would you want to be quoting Pol Pot in all your posts?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    Why ever would you want to be quoting Pol Pot in all your posts?!
    Hi,

Having just done all the killing fields and S21 etc, I want to try to let people know, who haven't been and give an insight and maybe google or have a look at this man's unbelievable mentality matched only with his evil and cruelty.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Perhaps some links will help:

http://www.cambcomm.org.uk/holocaust.html

For more background detail:

http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/pot.html

For an excellent and Oscar winning film about this period, from the point of view of an American journalist and his Cambodian stringer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_Fields_(film)

[youtube:fdwaq501]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z1sj7gzpCk[/youtube:fdwaq501]

Hi,

Thanks I'll archive those in my new found interests and learning many things about Cambodia.

I'm also thinking of doing a bit with their fresh water projects in Siem Reap, as I have nothing much pressing at the minute and it will keep me out of going to the bars all day through boredom.

Liked

Where are you nursing your broken bones, Kevin?